It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cycling: AMD Helps Propel USPS Cycling Team to Best Start Ever

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
AMD Helps Propel USPS Cycling Team to Best Start Ever; AMD Technology Rides with Team to Philadelphia for Last Stateside Appearance Prior to the Tour de France

PHILADELPHIA --(Business Wire)-- June 4, 2004 -- Halfway through its first year as the Official Technology Partner of Lance Armstrong and the United States Postal Service Pro Cycling Team, which is presented by Berry Floor, AMD (NYSE:AMD) is helping the five-time defending Tour de France champion's team shave seconds off their race times. The team boasts 18 wins in 2004 compared with just one win at this point last year.

CLICK HERE FOR FULL STORY

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
This is cool. Do you think they might take over the major sponsorship after this year when USPS drops the team?

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   
So will AMD also help out UPS so they can race the truck?

Seriously though, AMD is trying to make a name for themselves. I hope they take over sponsorship of the team when USPS is done after this year, as Gibbs was hinting at.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by crayon
So will AMD also help out UPS so they can race the truck?

Not sure I follow here

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
You haven't seen those UPS commercials with Dale Jarrett and everybody wants him to race the UPS truck? Very funny.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
oh, yeah, I know what ya mean now.

Yeah, they're good. I linke the one where there's like 50 cops pulling him over...

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
it's always good to see new sponsors get on board any sporting event. they couldn't ask for a better person to sponsor than Lance Armstrong, a real success story he is. i never really liked bicycling (to be honest i still don't pay much attention to it), but after i heard about Armstrong's recovery from cancer i started keeping tabs on him during the tour de france. Nothing but good can come from this sponsorship on both sides, in fact with cycling being the international sport that it is i think that AMD will probably make off better than the USPS did, forein people buy computers with their chips but not many used the USPS.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Yeah, I never did understand why the USPS sponsored a cycling team. I never understood why they need to advertise, either.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
Yeah, I never did understand why the USPS sponsored a cycling team. I never understood why they need to advertise, either.

that's kind of what i thought too, i see all these ads on tv and i think "what a waste, who doesn't know about the USPS", i guess i could send all my mail UPS or FED EX but i can't justify spending 4 bucks per letter when i can send it USPS for 37 cents.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Exactly, aegis, and they keep on raising the cost of postage. Other carries are regulated in the price they can charge, so the postal service already has an advantage. so why waste the money???

join