It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olympic Sports: Maurice Greene eyes revenge

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Former Olympic sprint champion Maurice Greene will go head to head with Athens gold medallists Mark Lewis-Francis and Jason Gardener in Birmingham next month.

The American, who topped the 100 metres world rankings from 1997 to 2001, will be looking for revenge in the 60m at the Norwich Union Grand Prix at the National Indoor Arena on Friday 18th February.

Greene was beaten by Lewis-Francis on the anchor leg of the 4x100m relay at last year's Olympics which followed his bronze medal in the individual event.

The 'Kansas Cannonball' is still the world record holder at 60m, with a time of 6.39 seconds which he set in 1998 and the American is promising to live up to his billing.

"I'm really looking forward to competing in Birmingham again. The support from the crowd at the NIA is always fantastic and I'm sure I can rise to the occasion and produce a great performance."

Greene is the latest big name to sign up for the Birmingham meeting which already includes double Olympic gold medallist Kelly Holmes, Olympic, world and European heptathlon champion Carolina Kluft, pole vault world record holder Yelena Isinbayeva and Kenenisa Bekele, the world record holder over both 5,000m and 10,000m

Sportinglife

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
No one think Maurice Greene has had his day?

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Should be a competetive race.

TRD

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Greene isn't as fast as he was a few years ago. Wether he can still be competitive this season remains to be seen. This will be a good test for him with Lewis Francis in the field.

new topics

top topics

join