It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rugby, Australian Football: Australian Football Video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Morning all :bounce:

Was first introduced to the game last year through a match at Brit Oval between the West Coast Eagles and Fremantle Dockers. The game was gold ! Big crowd. Fast, furious and excting play. (Go the Sydney Swans in 2006 !)

Apparently it is
on this year as well :approve:

Anyway I came across this great video which sums up everything that I like about the game and thought I'd share it with y'all. Let me know what you think.

Click here to watch !

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
great video saffran

living in toronto I got switched on to this sport only recently too, the word is slowly starting to get out about this awesome australian football game
it really is hard spectacular and unique

i was fortunate enough to visit australia and see what was a huge match at that big melbourne stadium in 2002
the locals told me it was actually just an average crowd by australian standards
it was a truly mind blowing experience live
i havent seen any other sport where the crowd gest so involved
far better to watch than canadian football, hockey, soccer or rugby

ive been sort of following the Kangaroos team since then on the internet, because it is not covered at all on tv
you are very lucky to get at least one game a year there

i can't believe that such a fast and exciting sport to both play and watch has remained obscure in this country for so long
i think it will start take off as i have heard that people are just now starting to play it here and in the states

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 03:05 AM
link   
The biggest highest catches from the Australian Football League are now on the web !

Some of the best from round 1 of the AFL premiership season.

Video:
bigpondguide.com...

Vote for your favourite here:
afl.com.au...

Some great goals also

Video:
bigpondguide.com...

Vote here:
afl.com.au...

[Edited on 4/6/06 by saffron]

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
That sport is crazy. I saw a few videos of it on TV.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SurfOBBC
That sport is crazy. I saw a few videos of it on TV.

Damn straight its crazy SurfOBBC - but in a good way :cool2:

Here are some more video highlights from the AFL (click the links to watch the videos):

More Best Catches:
Round 3 Best Catches
Round 4 Best Catchers

More Best Goals:
Round 2 Best Goals
Round 3 Best Goals
Round 4 Best Goals

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Some more great highlights from the AFL .... click to watch.

Best Catches from Round 5

Best Goals from Round 5

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Round 6 best catches

Round 6 best goals

[Edited on 5/10/06 by saffron]

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
wow I just watched a few of those videos and they pull off some pretty nice catches. I wish this would play on TV in america.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SurfOBBC
wow I just watched a few of those videos and they pull off some pretty nice catches. I wish this would play on TV in america.

You may be in luck SurfOBBC, I think they have started from this year.

Check out www.afana.com... (and also Setanta Sport) for details.

Still nothing like that here, but one can only hope.

[Edited on 5/14/06 by saffron]

[Edited on 5/14/06 by saffron]

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Some more great material from the AFL ...

Round 7 best catches

Round 7 best goals

[Edited on 5/16/06 by saffron]

[Edited on 5/16/06 by saffron]

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 02:42 AM
link   
never seen anything like this before

looks kinda kewl, I find football intensely boring, but this Australian game looks like it has some real action and a bit of biffo to boot.

I wonder what it is like being up that high
looks like a great game to try

[Edited on 5/18/06 by scream]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Round 8 ...

Best catches

Best goals

[Edited on 5/23/06 by saffron]

[Edited on 5/23/06 by saffron]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 03:45 AM
link   
first catch is huge
jumped right over the top of them !
that landing has got to hurt, that guy's got game crazy stuff

this is the same as Aussie Rules, this Australian Football right ?
i always thought it was just rugby
looks awesome

whens the london game on eh

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by scream
first catch is huge
jumped right over the top of them !
that landing has got to hurt, that guy's got game crazy stuff

said so

this is the same as Aussie Rules, this Australian Football right ?

yes, same thing.

i always thought it was just rugby

no - definately not ! obviously they play rugby as well in Australia, but this sport is much more popular downunder, and rightly so in my opinion.

whens the london game on eh

October 21st
teams are yet to be announced, but it should be well worth it anyway
when I find out who's playing I'll let you all know
:

in the meantime, more videos from round 9

Best catches

Best goals

[Edited on 6/1/06 by saffron]

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 01:51 AM
link   
action from Round 10 ...

Best catches

Best goals

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I kmight have missed a couple watching the World Cup, but here they are

Round 11 ....
Best catches

Best goals

Round 12 ...
Best catches

Best goals

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Hey guy's now your talking my game. I played 230 games of amateur league here, the rugby guys like to downplay the physicality of aussie rules but believe me it's tough, i retired about 6 yrs ago and really struggle just getting out of bed some mornings. I retired after my second shoulder recon on my left shoulder, i also had my right done, have had broken wrist, torn achilles (now that's painful), assorted broken bones and many concussions. The great thing about our game , i think, is that just about any size and shape can play the game and excel at it. The skills needed are also great in that you need to be able to catch(take a mark) the ball, handball accurately with either hand, kick accurately with either foot, and in the case of midfielders be able to run anywhere up to 25 km's per game at the elite level. You also get the occasional opportunity to line a bloke up and run through him, it's fun to do, not so great to be on the receiving end, hence the multiple concussions. Any questions i'd be more than happy to answer them for you.

Cheers
m4s

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mojo4sale
Hey guy's now your talking my game. I played 230 games of amateur league here, the rugby guys like to downplay the physicality of aussie rules but believe me it's tough, i retired about 6 yrs ago and really struggle just getting out of bed some mornings. I retired after my second shoulder recon on my left shoulder, i also had my right done, have had broken wrist, torn achilles (now that's painful), assorted broken bones and many concussions. The great thing about our game , i think, is that just about any size and shape can play the game and excel at it. The skills needed are also great in that you need to be able to catch(take a mark) the ball, handball accurately with either hand, kick accurately with either foot, and in the case of midfielders be able to run anywhere up to 25 km's per game at the elite level. You also get the occasional opportunity to line a bloke up and run through him, it's fun to do, not so great to be on the receiving end, hence the multiple concussions. Any questions i'd be more than happy to answer them for you.

Cheers
m4s

Do you attend any games in Australia mojo4sale ?

It is a great sport.
I don't really care much for the physicality anyway, there are plenty of gladiator type sports out there. I just like the high scoring, great catches, range of hand and foot skills and fast flowing gameplay.

Just some examples from AFL Round 13 ..

Best catches
Best goals

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Latest breaking news ....

The Geelong Football Club has been confirmed as one of the side's to play in the London exhibition match on October 21st this year.

The AFL yesterday confirmed the Cats will play their first overseas game in 15 years at The Oval, partly as a reward for winning the NAB Cup after the AFL has quashed plans by the geelong Cats to play a 2006 pre-season AFL match in New Zealand.

The Geelong Football Club has been the affiliate AFL club of the West London Wildcats since 1999 and has been a tremendous support of Australian Rules in England.

and some highlight reels from AFL Round 14:

best catches

best goals

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Yeh i go to watch a game most weeks either local or afl, if im not working. Yeh thats my team, have been struggling a bit but are making a bit of a charge towards the finals, we need to win six of our last eight to make it, not impossible. Are you in London, i would love to see them play overseas.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join