It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rugby, Australian Football: Six Nations 2006

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Just got my ticket for France v England in Paris, in March. Thought I'd open a thread on how you see the final table. I'd probably go:

France
England
Ireland
Wales
Scotland
Italy

But it is a rather traditional view.....

TRD

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Not been following it much since we won the World cup, but i will have to say England

Whats interesting is that the Triple Crown winners will recieve a trophy for the first time in its history. It has been somewhat of a mythical prize in the Six Nations, but now the best placed home nation will recieve a silver dish commissioned by the sponsors The Royal Bank of Scotland..

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   
First time I heard of that, and not before time.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
What a result, England crushing Wales, Ireland just getting through against Italy, and France going home with their tail between their legs. Unimaginable. The England pack ws particularly awesome, and for a change their tackling in the 3/4's was exceptional. Ireland were dreary, they seemed lost and without leadership although to be fair to Italy, their game has grown enonormously in the last 5 years. France I fear will bounce back with a vengeance, and they face Ireland on Saturday, so we shall see. England must be favourites now this year. Scotland the dark horses.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   
New Zealand has an incredible team as well. I saw them play England in the 3 exibition games last year and mopped the floor with them. Fun games to watch, though in America they come on aroun 4 AM. Its hard to catch all of it being on so late. But what the hell. You dont see matches like that every day.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 04:32 AM
link   
agree entirely, they're still the strongest team on the planet

[Edited on 2/11/06 by PavingSlab]

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Now with France and Wales down and out, we could assume that England are favourites this year. Ireland seem almost indifferent, Italy are trying but don;t have the depth, and Scotland did their 10 year wonder thing but I doubt it'll be repeated. Maybe my top two of the original table switch places.

top topics

join