It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats Your Thoughts On Vampires

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I am weak and in need of energy, but as long as they keep me working on the day shift my energy continues to drain, But I shall return to full strengh by Jul 04.

I do not believe I am a vampire, even though I have been accused of such foolishness. I just prefer to work at night, while daylight and artifical lights hurts my eyes as well as gives me a headache I am still slightly functional.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Vampires are real. I have met one. I think his name was Tom. He just drinks cow's blood and is just like a normal human.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Tom the Vampire ehh? LOL Sorry, I believe you. So as he drank Cow's blood,,,what did you drink?

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The whole legend of vampirism started with the good, kind Vlad the Impaler. You know, the guy who would like to torture his victims, stick them up on stakes on the battlefield, and drink their blood. This, it is believed, started fears that he needed the blood to live, and those whose blood he drank became like him. This legend remained in the transylvania area, where Bram Stoker went, heard legends, and came up with a great idea for a book.

Dracula was born in November or December of 1431. He was actually named Vlad, as I said before, but we know him better as the former. He had an older brother, Mircea, and a younger brother, Radu the Handsome (don't know if this name was ment to be ironic
). Their mother may have been a Moldavian princess or a Tranyslvanian noble. It is said that she educated Dracula in his early years. Later he was trained for knighthood by an old boyar who had fought the Turks.

According to another story, he invited 500 boyars to a banquet and asked them how many princes had ruled in their lifetimes. They said they had lived through many reigns. Shouting that this was their fault because of their plotting, Dracula had them all arrested on the spot. The older ones were impaled; the others were marched 50 miles to Poenari where they were forced to build a mountaintop fortress. They worked a long time; when their clothes fell off, they worked naked. Most of them died, of course. And of course Dracula seized the boyars' property and passed it out to his supporters. In that way he created a new nobility, loyal to him.

Dracula liked to set up a banquet table and dine while he watched people die. His favorite form of execution was impalement. It was slow; people could take days to die. He liked to impale many people at once, arranging the stakes in fancy designs. Nothing was too brutal for Dracula - he enjoyed having people skinned, boiled alive, etc. He prided himself on making the punishment (supposedly) fit the crime.

By 1462, when he was deposed, he had killed between 40,000 and 100,000 people, possibly more. He always thought up some excuse for these executions. He killed merchants who cheated their customers. He killed women who had affairs. Supposedly he had one woman impaled because her husband's shirt was too short. He didn't mind impaling children, either. Afterwards he would display the corpses in public so everyone would learn a lesson. It's said that there were over 20,000 bodies hanging outside his capital city. Of course, the stories about Dracula's cruelty might have been exaggerated by his enemies.

So it's no wonder such terrible legends were created from such a loveable guy, and persist to this day. He was a sick f***! And thus the Goth culture was born...

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Out of all the mythic creatures, vampires seem the least likely to be real

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
The whole legend of vampirism started with the good, kind Vlad the Impaler.

Actually, just about every culture on the face of the planet has its own version of the vampire, or at least a creature that drinks blood. in southern arica, it is a creature who has hooks for hands and used to drink the blood of the wounded after battle. In japan, it was a female spirit who used to suck the warmth and soul out fo a person. It's bizzare, all things considered, how just about every single race ahs their own, but the Western vampire is the most popular.

DE

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   
there's no real vampires, only a sub culture called vampirism and myths. To be a vampire you have to be dead, which is highly unlikely to happen. The dracula idea was based on Vlad the impeller who used cruel methods to kill his enemies and the character dracula was based on him. Legend has it that Vlad used to drink the blood of his victims too, but he couldn't turn into a bat and he has been dead for 600 years.

There is a illness where the person developes vampire features, but still they are not real vampires. Some people who believe they are vampires and drink blood of their victims etc have a pychological problem where they believe they are real vampires.

(sorry if this has been posted already, but i couldn't be arsed to read the whole thread)

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morbid
As I have seen through time, there are true vampires. But they're of the humanna state. Has anyone else seen the mist-form vampires or any that could truely fly? I've seen such things late at night, but never any other time.

I take it your thinking we are trying to reinact an Hollywood movie? You see things flying late at night, Yes you ever abuse drugs or you've seen a big bird man, Come on...Vampires??? Why do you never see anything on the news like '(Wo)Man killed with two bite marks to the neck'? you may see it on the news about people eating people and claiming to be vampires there cannabals who have seen to many movies, Enough said. Peace

ID

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I for one require some form of physical proof before I will believe, either that or a great number of eye witness accounts. In this instance I have seen neither of these things. This would lead me towards the opinion that these creatures are simply a product of our over active collective imagination. I am not saying that there is no way these creatures do or did exist I am simply saying that without further proof the results are inconclusive. Attempting to jump to conclusions with absolutely no physical evidence would be ludicrous be it for or against their existence.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Didn't we already do this...?

Vampire!!

To give a brief restatement of my comments there, yes, I think Vampires are real, but not in the way some of you may be thinking. It's partly psychological and partly psychic. For more info, just read the other thread.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDemonHunter
Didn't we already do this...?

Vampire!!

To give a brief restatement of my comments there, yes, I think Vampires are real, but not in the way some of you may be thinking. It's partly psychological and partly psychic. For more info, just read the other thread.

Yes, I think some of these people are thinking of the old traditional guy in a big red cape with a white face and big fangs

There are no real vampires there are loony people who eat people there just canabals they dont own there souls now they have eat them and drank there blood. The people who claim to be vampires and claim to need blood the only thing they need is treatment in the Asylum

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 02:29 AM
link   
im new here so first ill say hello all:

second id like to say that vampires do exist for i am one
though i dont fly or any of that jazz. mmost of the things that vampirers are associated with such as bats ,wolfs and the like are caused by a form of hypnotizsm. but there are sevral types of vamps...sanguarian(blood drinker)....psy(psychic sucker)....emathy(feeling feeder) to name a few for more info on this goto sladd.com or vampire church.com.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ID
I for one require some form of physical proof before I will believe, either that or a great number of eye witness accounts. In this instance I have seen neither of these things. This would lead me towards the opinion that these creatures are simply a product of our over active collective imagination. I am not saying that there is no way these creatures do or did exist I am simply saying that without further proof the results are inconclusive. Attempting to jump to conclusions with absolutely no physical evidence would be ludicrous be it for or against their existence.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I think that vampires exist. I also think that they lurk around like normal people do, until they find a target...

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Ive met people who get off on drinking each others blood.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
Ive met people who get off on drinking each others blood.

Ick...

second id like to say that vampires do exist for i am one
though i dont fly or any of that jazz. mmost of the things that vampirers are associated with such as bats ,wolfs and the like are caused by a form of hypnotizsm. but there are sevral types of vamps...sanguarian(blood drinker)....psy(psychic sucker)....emathy(feeling feeder) to name a few for more info on this goto sladd.com or vampire church.com.

So...Which are you?

[Edited on 1-6-2004 by junglejake]

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
i am of the blood drinking type called sanguianan

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
TextLet me Explain something to you morbid, More than likely You have no life b/c you think ur a vampire!, and second Yes Vampires did live at one time they were called "NAZIS" 8)

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Warhappy
TextLet me Explain something to you morbid, More than likely You have no life b/c you think ur a vampire!, and second Yes Vampires did live at one time they were called "NAZIS" 8)

Lol Interesting first post, Warhappy!

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Vlad the Impaller happened. Davy Crocket happened. I think that what happened in the past is based in fact but there is a "lore" that is built around it. Can you imagine what it would be like to see a ruthless dictator(Vlad) drinking a dead mans blood? Back then stories were going to be told. I'm not dissin Davy, but I saw a PBS show that said that he wasn't at the Alamo, and the evidence was extensive, he was killed by Santianna before that. They didn't have the scientific tech. we have now, if they did maybe we wouldn't have heard of vampires.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join