It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Wedding Story....I made it to application stage!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Apparently, only 10% of all the hundreds of couples who apply get to this step, so who knows...you may all just get to see the wedding after all!!!

This would be pretty cool....(not to mention, I'd save on a videographer....
)

For those who don't know, A Wedding Story is a documentary style show on Discovery (TLC) channels... I hope we actually get on the show... Check my sig for a link to our wedding site (look for updates soon...)

[Edited on 1-12-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 09:53 PM
link   
good for you buddy. it will ake the weeding much more memerable.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Cool, she got a call from the producers today...

They wanted to make sure we got the forms, etc...

That's a good sign....

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Gazrok,

I visited your upcoming wedding site..

that is awesome, you guys are awesome !!!

My gal was looking at it too, she was married once, so was I and we both say we'll never do it again, but while she was looking at your site, she said cool and she'd like something like that...

uh oh.... I better run.

as far as getting on the tv show... good luck and I think you have an excellent chance !

be sure to let us know.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 08:35 AM
link   
So far, everyone's been pretty pumped, and all the main people involved are excited about it...(which is good, as they won't have a problem signing the releases...) I just hope the location goes for it...but as it's free publicity, I think they'll go along just fine...

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I'm cheering for you, Gazrok.

Will they make your wedding less expensive?

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Not really...I'll just save money by not needing a videographer...

The only compensation, is that you get a tape of the show, and your wedding is seen on an international program....but hey, that's pretty cool....

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Pretty cool... That friggin' awesome.
It has to make it with the whole theme you've got going. It'll make for a great show.
Good luck.

When is the date anyway?

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 03:29 PM
link   
pretty cool... that's awesome..

ATS will have it's very own celebrity !!!

"mumbling" I think all of the ATS members should be invited to the party !!

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 03:31 PM
link   

When is the date anyway?

Jan 31, 2004...closer than it sounds...

Hey! I'd love to invite all of ATS, but I'm not made of money, hehe...so unless Bill Gates keels over, and somehow leaves me his fortune, you'll have to be content with watching the show if we make it on, hehe...

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Well, we made it to the next stage! The producer is going to call and do phone interviews with each of us, over the next few days. I'll update again after that happens... They've got all of our signed releases and all, so it looks like, so far, so good!

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Be sure to let us know what the air date & channel is.

You'll be the 1st ATS member we get to see "live & in action".

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Well, we won't even know if we made it, until about 2-3 weeks before the wedding (so some time in January). Even then, after they shoot it...they won't know for another week or two after the wedding. I'll be sure to put up a thread when I know though....

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Well, Wendy had her interview, and she thinks it went really well... My interview was moved to tomorrow. After that, we should get another call with more info. They look at all the weddings they have submissions for, for that date range, and then also look at the logistics of filming, how flexible the couple is, how interesting they think the wedding, and story is, etc. and pitch it to TLC. Then TLC makes the pick, and she (one of the producers), seems to feel we have a REALLY good shot at it! *keeps his fingers crossed*

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Well, my interview seemed to go pretty well too. Wendy had her second interview, and it went well, and I'm up for my second interview in about 10 minutes....

After this, they pitch it to their bosses, who see if logistics can do it, (i.e. travel that day, etc.) and then they pitch it to the network for an episode.

Wish us luck!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Good Luck Gaz... and if you make it definately let us know.
My wife loves that show and told me to be sure to tell her if you guys were going to be on... and if so when.

So again... Good LUCK

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Good luck, Gazrok! The whole thing sounds like a cool idea if that's what you both want.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Thanks! Well, just had the second interview (with a separate producer). She also really likes the back story of our wedding, and even said she'd be one of the ones coming out if they shoot our wedding. We likely won't know for a bit still, but she said she hopes she'll have some good news for us soon!!! *keeping his fingers crossed...*

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Should know something soon... They're just waiting on the TLC execs to get back from the holidays, for final approval....*keeping his fingers crossed*

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 02:54 PM
link   
wow gazrok i hope you get it so that i can say i know someone who had the wedding on TLC. btw what is the back story of the wedding?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join