It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rugby, Australian Football: Phil Vickery back for Gloucester

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 08:00 AM
link   
England prop Phil Vickery is set to return to the Gloucester squad for their clash with Leicester on Sunday. The 28-year-old has been training for the last two weeks after recovering from a shattered eye socket suffered against Wasps last month. His latest injury setback happened just 40 minutes into his comeback from a second major back operation.

"Everything seems fine and it will be good to be involved again," Vickery said. "It is up to Nigel (Melville) and (Dean Ryan) with what they want to do but I just want to prove myself again and get back into it."

Director of rugby Melville added: "I don't think I have ever seen Phil in better condition. He has been through some astonishing setbacks but he has got more and more into his fitness work and is now desperate to show what he can do in a game.

"It will be great to see him back. He has come through a really tough two weeks of training with flying colours and it will be a great start to the New Year for us," he told the official club website www.gloucesterrugby.com

"We had two front rows against each other for the first time in almost three months. The spirit is great and we are really looking forward to this game."

Sportinglife

join