It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All dinosaurs are are giant lizards

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Truth, if "more oxygen" caused things to grow bigger, then the first dinos would have also been huge instead of being little bitty things.

And we'd have seen the smallest of dinosaurs growing to the size of apatasaurus/brontosaurus... or larger. With equal climate and equal food opportunity, they ALL should have been the same size... instead of some being small and some being medium-sized and some being large and some being huge.

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Good point byrd. The Procompsagnathus was chicken sized, never
larger than that. But by truths "truth", it could have gotten
to the size of four pregnant water melons. But no, stayed at a
measly chicken size. Or with Segnosaurus, never more then about
seven foot tall. But it should have been able to been found at
huge lengths and sizes if what truth says was true.

But using science/facts, we know it isn't.

Truth, the 3-4 yards(9-12 feet) was a type of sea turtle rarely
seen. Like how mega mouth sharks are out there, just not seen
every day. Just because it is there, doesn't mean you see it
every time you look. Elephants are huge! And you have to look
for them, can't just go I'm in Africa, theres a elephant. You
have to look.

And I didn't attack you. Unless putting facts up is attacking.
And how did it get so large? Because the species did. How do
humans get to be six feet tall? Because the human species can
grow that tall. Sure, some humans can get up to 7'6, while some
3'6. Can't judge the size by one specimen.

And fifthteen feet equals 5 yards, the half mark on a football
feild. And as Dain said, it about how long your nose is pinnochio.

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Truth increased levels of O2 has nothing to do with size, if anything what would be affected and instituted is smaller nasal passages and smaller lungs. This would then preclude the necessity to eat so much to maintain metabolism. Which would result in smaller size and as a result there would be no large dinosaurs.

In all honesty whoever you have spoken to is wrong.

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Truth, please back up your claims. Show us that there is direct evidence supported by the scientific community that earth's atmosphere, let's say, 75 million years ago DEFINATLEY had more oxygen than today. Also show that the scientific community supports your claim that because of this, it allowed the dino's to grow so large. You said the scientific community says this, so show us, unless your just pulling this crap out of your poop hole...

Now don't give us some god-scientific bull, I'm talking about support from real scientists. There not the one's twisting things around in favor of god.

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Um, he can't prove anything past 6,000 years ago. For he has said numerous times Earth is only 6,000 years old.

Well, that also has been disproven. Oil is a great way to disproce it. Then soil layers, fossils, and so forth.

Also, well truth, any real scientists support you? Not scientist reverand Micheal or scientist priest David. A real one, one that doesn't look at Bible go that right, even though facts say it isn't, still is, so lets turn this here, put this there, and not tell anyone I made the changes. Wow, Bible was right!

And again, dinosaurs weren't lizards, not even in reptile family. There is plenty of evidence that shows some if not all were warm blooded. In other words, dinos not reptiles, for reptiles cold blooded.

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 06:38 PM
link   
What would Truth say.... Satan has lied to you! The bible/word of god/ tooth fairy are the real truth.

posted on Nov, 15 2002 @ 12:46 AM
link   
"" There is alot of proof that dinosaaurs were warm blooded, and
reptiles are cold blooded ""

there is just as much proof that they could of been cold blooded too, in fact scientists cannot
figure out which they truley were.

Infact i just found this discovery by a real scientists just incase james
do not like bible sicentists.

here a website about this issue posted by "non" chrisian scientists.

read james.

www.newscientists.com...

And gues what just for yu james, " it not christian scientist "

"peace"

posted on Nov, 15 2002 @ 01:08 AM
link   
claiming that reptile are cold blooded and dinos warm blooded is nonsense.

and this is why i say science is not perfect.

here read these two.

www.suite101.com...

www.enchantedlearning.com...

peace.

posted on Nov, 15 2002 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Truth,
The new scientist link doesn't even work.... Good try though, but how in the hell do the last two links help your argument?

Link 1:

"Currently, most paleontologists believe that dinosaurs were somewhere in between warm- and cold-blooded. Dr. Jack Horner at the Museum of the Rockies, Montana State University has been doing a lot of work with the bone histology (cell structure) of mammals, dinosaurs, birds, and reptiles. He has found that dinosaur bones have a lot of blood vessels running through them, similar to birds and in contrast to very few blood vessels in reptiles. This would indicate that dinosaurs had metabolisms that were higher than is seen in modern reptiles, and more similar to modern birds.

The media often seems to portray the warm- vs. cold-blooded debate as something that paleontologists are either completely confused about, or that we are arguing about with hammer and tongs. I don't know of any reputable paleontologist who would tell you that dinosaurs are the sluggish, cold-blooded beasts they were originally thought to be. If anything, the "debate" is more centered on physiology and mechanisms for temperature control."

Link 2:

"A Fossilized Dinosaur Heart Found
Recently, a fossilized dinosaur heart was discovered. This powerful, four-chambered pump belonged to Thescelosuarus, a lated Cretaceous Period ornithopod (a plant-eater). This 66 million year old heart has recently been analyzed -- it may have four chambers and a single aorta, which is quite different from existing reptiles, but is similar to modern warm-blooded animals. However, Tim Rowe, Earl McBride and Paul Sereno think that the "heart" is an ironstone concretion.

If true, the discovery of a four-cha,bered heart suggests not only that Thescelosaurus may have been warm-blooded, but that many other dinosaurs may have been warm-blooded as well. This is because we now perhaps have evidence of warm-bloodedness in both Ornithischia and Saurischia (the two major groups of dinosaurs, which diverged early in the Mesozoic Era). Thescelosaurus was an ornithischian; birds, which are known to be warm-blooded, are saurischians. "

Gee, I dunno, I may be all stupid and crap like that, but sure an hell sounds like the evidence points more closer to warm blooded... you dolt.

posted on Nov, 15 2002 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Why did you even post these links. You've been asked to post links that scientists support your claim that today's lizard's can grow to dinosaur like sizes if given the right enviroment. This is way off your original claim. Hell, warm/cold blooded has nothing to do with your original claim. Can't back it up, then shut up.

posted on Nov, 15 2002 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Truth, ask Dr. Horner or Dr. Bakker. Two of the most famous paleos out there. They will give proof that dinos warm blooded. And that some even had feathers.

Truth, like JamesG said, you dolt. You haven't put links up that support your post that dinos just giant lizards. Still waiting.

Also, hahahahahahaha, you are laughable in your way of thinking. You have brought humor to hundreds truth. You have dinos giant lizards, earth 6,000 years old, god talks to you, the pope is a heretic/antichrist, and so much more. If anything I'd come back to see what lies you put up next.

posted on Nov, 15 2002 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Hey, maybe with all this disinformation he is spewing out of his anus mean's he's the antichrist. Or just some fanatic trying to rewrite the good book and take god's word in vain. LOL

How do you spell freak? T-R-U-T-H

posted on Nov, 15 2002 @ 10:20 PM
link   
He can't be the antichrist, god talks to him. Also, he knows the truth.

In fact, from my research and such, he has many truths, first, truth. Then, JM. How I know? I say JM says someone will go to hell. Next post, by truth, I never said anyone was going to hell. Then, only truth, he comes on for awhile, I say he truth, he stops coming on and truth starts spewing forth with Im not him, this is me.

Also, in not for children, me, JamesG, and about three others waiting for truth to answer. Yawn! Still waiting there truth.

posted on Nov, 15 2002 @ 10:24 PM
link   
He won't answer cuz he doesn't have the answer... No need to wait... Just mess with him until he breaks down and crucifies himself and claims he's the second christ and we're all going to hell for choosing evil science over god... I give it two weeks!

posted on Nov, 16 2002 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Wrong, i posted those links because james said dinos were warm blooded, and evidence
shows that alot were cold blooded.

Also you guys are so hatefull.

"" You dolt, shut up, you dolt ""

grow up.

how does this hate get into these boards?? this
is nonsense. you dont want to find the truth about science, you
want to attack people who believe in god.

Im dealing with some real life serious issues and could care less about providing proof right now. when i come across
the links ill give them to you.

relax and stop being so ignorant. please.

Im just learning this stuff too you know.

peace.

posted on Nov, 16 2002 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Your so full of it, Truth. You already heard about it, obviously. Yet you can't say where or provide links or give us anything to work off of to find it on our own?

Your original claim was lizards can grow to huge sizes given the right conditions.

The links you provided concernec cold/warm blooded debate. That is far from the original claim that you've been asked to prove. The first link you provided didn't even work. The last two don't even support you and were pointless of you to post. It showed you have a greater misunderstanding of the whole thing... like religion.

Now prove dino's are giant gecko's!

posted on Nov, 16 2002 @ 11:42 AM
link   
JamesG, what if they were giant chameleons? Color changing T-Rex! That be cool, wouldn't it?

Actually, they believe that Carntosaurus could do that. But they looked nothing like a giant chameleon. But that is cool, isn't it?

[Edited on 16-11-2002 by James the Lesser]

posted on Nov, 16 2002 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Let the dino cloning comence!! Personally...I'd rather have a color changing velociraptor. I hear they can clean up after themselves and are very good at keeping the kids quiet

posted on Nov, 16 2002 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Ok guys, this topic is getting way over done.

i will give you my theory and i want you to consider it, but because you
do not believe in the bible you probably wont understand this.

i believe in the bible 100% and so this is how i believe it happened.

before the flood the bible talks about in genesis about a water canopy over the earth. And so basically
before the flood the environment was different. The water canopy that the bible
mentions before the flood is what i believe caused more oxygen in the air an the development of larger creatures. also
this is how i believe man lived 900 to 800 years back then.

after the flood, the canopy was gone from the earth and living environments became more horrible.

Notice that in the bible, after the flood later on in the bible man does not live
to 900 and 800 years old.

And so this is how i believe that turtle reached 15 foot long and all dinosaurs reached that king
of a height.

Now heres two links.

one from someone who believes in the bible and the other who in between.

just give them a look.

I believe this 100% because i believe in the bible and what it said about
the water canopy.

www.genesispark.org...

www.geocities.com...

peace.

posted on Nov, 16 2002 @ 03:51 PM
link   
whatever.

i believe this is what happened because it actually makes alot of sense and
the bible does clearly state the god created canopy of water.

this would infact lead to longevity of life and larger groth because of the environment.

But i believe in the bible, you dont.

so of course your going to call it crazy.

whatever.

peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join