It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All dinosaurs are are giant lizards

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 07:07 PM
link   
lizards never stop growing. if they have less enimies, more food supply,
more oxygen than they will not stop growing.

Stuff back in those days got bigger because of the type of earth they lived
in back then.

i just found a website on the largest turtle ever found called archelon. it was 15feet long, and 16.5 feet
in width.

they say it lived over "75 million" years ago.

Things did get bigger back in those days.

even in china or somewhere they found a giant skeleton of a dead creature that they could not identify. If i find
that link i will provide it for you.

here read this link of the giant turtle.

www.bhigr.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 07:25 PM
link   
You give a whole new meaning to the word RETARD! Where is your proof besides an extinct turtle from 75 million years ago that lizards TODAY will keep growing if in an enviroment that wasn't threatning to them? Quite spewing crap and shut your pie hole. I've read your posts before, and it's all nonsense.

Piece of advice. GOTO SCHOOL!

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Well, avoiding the um rudeness of JamesG

Geckos and other lizards are quite small, and remain that way for a long time, I think that in itself is the disproof of that claim.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Whoop de do truth. Ever see a snapper? I've gone turtle hunting before with a freind. He got one that was a good five feet long. It was a aliigator snapper, larger then the regular snapper, but still, five feet is nothing. His dad has a shell from a alli snapper, he caught it, but didn't kill it. He kept it in his basement.(Basement is basically a huge tank, but guess what? the foundation has gone to hell) It lived for another good twenty years, then it died. Its size? I could lay in it. I'm 5"11. This turtle was huge, but not immortal.

Then, a Komodo Dragon, up to 12 feet in length usual, largest was 16 I think before it died of old age. Largest crocodile, over forty feet, before it died of old age.

Then, with mammals, elephants ten feet in hieght, a few tons in weight. Blue whale, largest animal in the world, a mammal, not a reptile. Older, Wooly Mammoth, about twenty feet in hieght, even more than a elephant.

With amphibians, I have seen some good sized bullfrogs when frog hunting. A couple were a few pounds, larger than any normal bullfrog. And those just the ones I've caught, some I've seen had eyes the size of tennis balls.(exaggerating a little, but not by much) Big buggers more quick than one would think.

Then birds, ostrich. Need I say more?

Heck, parasites can become dozens of feet long.

Or, things still get big. Even today truth.

Also, they didn't have more oxygen, if anything they had less. And didn't have less predators, where did you even come up with that? And not more food, as with oxygen, not more, if not less than today.

Lizards stop growing turth. My dad had a fox snake. It lived a good twenty years. It got to about six feet at age eight. It stopped growing. It a reptile, but didn't grow forever.

Anoles, they never, no matter how long they live, get past a few inches. Along with most geckos.

Then, with crocodiles, depends on what species. American alligator will grow to around 10-12 feet, then stop. Some do get bigger, but not by much. Indo-Pacific, around 25-30 feet. Nile Crocodile, around 20 feet. After that, they stop growing.

Anymore reptiles I left out? Man, reading that, my redneck shows. Frog hunting, turtle hunting, ya might be a redneck if..

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 07:45 PM
link   
If the earth a long time ago did have a more oxygen - rich atmosphere, it makes sense that lizards would thrive and grow to incredible proportions. That is also a theory as to why people in the Old Testament of the Bible lived to be hundreds of years old! So why is our atmosphere not the same today? Did the Flood change it? Was it a gradual change over time? I would like to know more about this. Anybody have favorite links on this topic they wouldn't mind sharing?? Thanks.

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Actually it seems from this source that the oxygen levels have always been increasing, and I do believe I've heard elsewhere in discussions about dinosaurs that their environment had a considerable more ammount of CO2 than today....appearently volcanic activity is the culprity.

Volcanoes release gasses that react with oxygen, such as hydrogen, that lock oxygen into forms such as water, thus reducing the ammount of oxygen in the air, and the world back in the dinosaur's period was VERY volcanic compared to now.

However this source discusses even further back than that, and how oxygen ever came about.

www.nature.com...

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 08:30 PM
link   
My my, Carebare! As a representative of the carebare community, I would have hoped for a little more commen sense than this! I've seen your movies before, you seemed like such intelligent little bears. Now I have to rethink everything!

Lizard's don't grow to HUGE sizes the way Truth describes. Truth doesn't know what he's talking about. He want's his god (note: HIS) to truly exist for him, so he'll think of any crazy moronic thing in order to make it that way. He fails to look at the facts, and what very very very very etc... ad infitum, facts he does look at, he decides to twist. He a lost individual in a world to big for him to handle. He NEEDS this scapegoat to get a foothold on reality. He could alway's turn to mind altering drugs as well

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 09:20 PM
link   
james G this is even more rude than james lesser.

"" He wants his god to exist ""

No, you think i want my god to exist. i know he does for reasons you will never understand.

why?

No faith.

Ive seen miracles in jesus name, have you?

I dont have to prove "my" god to someone like you, he will do it for you.

nonsense, that type of hate this man has for us believing in god.

im only pointing out that reptiles do not stop growing, this is in science.

And so if this turtle grew up to 15 feet long than other reptiles could as well, thus
we have dinosaurs.

There was infact alot less enimies back then and alot more food.

Freemason...

"" geckos are small along with other small creatures and did not
grow very much ""

Not all dinosaurs grew to huge creatures, certain ones did.

again we are talking about a drastically diferrent world they lived in then we live in today.

there was alot more food, oxygen, and so if this turtle reached 15 feet, then whos to say that
no other regular reptile can become this big too??

So i ask james lesser..

How did this turtle grow up to 15 feet long??

is that not a dinosaur like turtle?

did i get this turtle off of one of my creationist sites?

thats all im saying.

james G, i am not trying to prove god to you. ones with faith need no proof.

but the earth itself is proof, and the beauty of it, and the miracles that happen within it
is all the proof i need.

My god i should of never started this thread.

peace.

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Truth states

He wants his God to exist

Truth what does this mean?

I don't have to prove "my" God to someone like you, he will do it for you.

By Killing him truth and sending his soul to eternal damnation? Sounds like a threat but probably more like an insult.

nonsense, that type of hate this man has for us believing in God

He does not insult you because he hates your system of belief. He insults you because you are insulting him.

The Larger and animal is the more it has to consume in order to maintain its metabolism. Whales for the most part eat plankton and or comparatively, very small sea animals and at present there is enough to go around. As a result in the time they have existed they have grown to the proportions they are at present.

A very long time ago a meteorite hit the earth in the area known today as the Yucatan peninsula. We know this because the crater is still there. Unlike other mass extinction's (which occur for other reasons). This event change drastically the abundance of food that could be found on the surface of the planet.
earth.

As so as a result animals the size of the Dinosaurs can no longer develop that way. We also know that the Meteorite that hit the earth and resulted in the condition we have today occurred 10s of millions of years ago (and there are several reasons for this).

What are your thoughts?

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 10:51 PM
link   
My thoughts are that the Paleontologists are correct, and dinosaurs are more warm blooded than not...at least more bird-like.

They believe now that the Tyranosaurus Rex was born with feathers, and later lost them, and the more modern dinosaurs such as the veloceraptor had feathers through out all its life.

When the meteorite struck the earth, good bye ground dwelling behemoths
hence an explosion of "birds". Or the more modern of dinosaurs.

They had a National Geographic on it somewhere, not the meteor part, just the "bird" part and feathers....not sure which one though.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Truth,

I don't mean to be insulting (kinda), but I've seen you post this idea before. It's old. You 'claim' that lizards, given the right conditions can grow to enormous sizes is supported by the scientific community. Since there seems to be a HUGE disagreement here, and this is your topic, why don't you back up your claim of scientific acceptance by posting a link or reaserching this furthur. Show us that the scientific community DOES support your claim.

I'm not saying your trying to prove your god's existance to any of us, you got that part half ass backwards. Your trying to prove your god to yourself. Look at something long enough and you will see what you want to see.

What 'miracles' have YOU PERSONALY seen in your life? I'm not talking about thing's you've read, heard. or seen on tv. I'm wanna hear about your personal miracles. One's that involve you and only you. Even to this day, primitive tribes see many understandable things by people like you and me (yes you) as miracles. Things they don't understand, is a miracle for them, yet perfectley normal for us to hear about.

I'm not sure if anyone's ever seen this, but PBS held a documentary awhile back ago about this primitive tribe that saw a plane drop a coke bottle. They thought this plane was a giant bird and the coke bottle a gift from there god. Before this coke bottle, they never really had a concept of 'possesion', like, I own this you don't. After the coke bottle, the kids fought each other over it. Things became more complicated for thier way of life after this gift from thier god. Eventually they had to get rid of the bottle, never understanding why thier god would give them this gift that brought so much argument and fighting to them.

See? Something simple and normal to you and me, becomes something religous. Something miracoulas(SP?), as in the giant bird (plane). How far back can you trace your god? Can you conclusivly prove that your god predates polytheism?

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 11:03 PM
link   
actually this may sound weird but on the discovery channel they did a special on dinousaurs and how they amazingly resemble birds. i don't know if anyone say it.
but they said on their way of killing their pray
and by the way the y walk and their feet is very interesting wacth it

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 11:07 PM
link   
i did not insult james g or call him any names like
fool or retard did i?

When i said god will show him.

I meant after death God will literally show him hes real. thats all toltec. its not a threat. believers
and nonbelievers alike will come under the seat for judgement, all will know god exist after death.

also the meteorite is not what i believe. i believe that the flood was cause of most dinosaur
extinction.

also by the flood i believe that, thats where we got the layers of strata.

The bible never talks about a meteor hitting the earth, it talks about the flood, and so thats
what i believe happened.

And just having food supply is not the cause of growth, alot of other factors have to
be in place for huge growth to happen.

Btw, i should i never started this thread, all i wanted to do is say that
reptiles never stop growing by this turtles existence it is very much reality.

This was the largest turtle ever found. i mean no turtle grows up to 15 feet long unless
some factors comeinto play, right?

and toltec, i would never insult a human soul "personally" by name calling.

peace.

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 11:17 PM
link   
James g, all im saying is how in the world did a turtle grow
15 feet long and 17 feet wide if reptiles stop growing?

I literally read some scientists that said reptiles do infact continue to grow in the right
invironment.

Also these miracles i talk about are literally super natural events i cannot explain, and
vivid dreams of christ before i knew him.

if you look at my other post im sure ive talked about them in there on other topics.

Btw, could someone please get this picture up o the screen for me?

www.bhigr.com...

does anyone know how to get this picture up on the screen?

peace.

[Edited on 14-11-2002 by Truth]

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Truth,

That turtle is a fossil. From a time looong ago when things were big. It is now a known scientific fact that the meteor is what caused the dinosaurs demise. I suggest you learn more about this event so you'll know why it was the meteor and not the flood. Has alot to do with a certain isotope that we don't have alot of...

When you say things like "The bible never talks about ..." , your showing ignorance to the world around you. This earth and everything on it doesn't revolve around what the bible says or lack of... Much more complicated than that.

I ask you to back up your claim that the scientific community supports your thoughts on reptiles... You claim it, you show the evidence for it.

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 11:32 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 12:03 AM
link   
There's a VERY simple way to disprove the "lizards will keep growing" idea.

Zoos keep reptile collections. They take very good care of their reptiles. The ones you will see in the zoos are much older than any ones found in the wild.

None of them are giraffe sized.

Ever see "Crocodile hunter"? He talks about Agro, the big saltwater croc he captured. The thing was huge when it was caught and has been captive for at least 10 years. Doesn't look much larger than it was when caught as a fully grown adult.

There are size limits. They don't grow continually. Their anatomy wouldn't support it.

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Byrd,

You don't get it do you! This picture PROVES Truth has been right all this time! You can't deny physical proof! LOL
(JK)

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Lol JamesG, but still, sea turtels get to huge sizes still. Some reported to be a good three-four yards long.

Truth, a turtle could grow to that size same way a snake grows to six feet. That the normal adult size. Like humans normally stop at 5'5-6'5.

"I don't believe the meteor casued it"

Well then, I don't believe that lightning is coming from clouds. it god smackling the planet around. It doesn't matter what is believed, but what is fact. You can't get around facts.

"the bible says this, it says that, blah blah blah" Shorten version of every post by truth

Well, Douglas Adams book says earht was destroyed to make a overpass, so that is the truth. DOn't rely on a book written two thousand years ago with a few million editors editing a few things everytime. The church revised it the most. The bible may have been good once, but the church got ahold of it and changed it to what they want it to say.

Anyways, breakfast burning, I'm gonna go before the whole place goes up in smoke.

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 06:55 AM
link   
jameslesser, did you say something?

byrd, it was different back then though. something had to alter the
oxygen in the air for creatures to get this big.

i mean this turtle was (15) feet long and (17) feet wide.

Sorry jameslesser, no turtle today is commonly found to be three to four yards long. if that was true than they
would find 17-20 foot turtles every daa as you claim.

Not true.

this was the largest turtle ever "found". they dont come in bunches three to four yards big.

This turtles normal size is what, 3-4 feet usually.

This one was 15 feet, how in the world did it get that big unless the atmosphere was different in those days?

And lesser, cut out the attacks, im trying to have a serious discussion on this creature and the environment it lived in.

i guess you guys do not get how big 15 by 17 feet really is.

peace.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join