It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rugby, Australian Football: Rugby..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 10:56 AM
link   
its the sport where the people wear striped shirts right?

TRD

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 11:59 AM
link   
LOL

alot of european sports teams were striped shirts...

heres some links to rugby..

www.planet-rugby.com...

www.rugby.com.au...

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Yea thats what I thought it was.

Ben

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 10:31 AM
link   
its a great sport to watch...i played it myself one time its was fun.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 12:15 PM
link   
i play in a leugue does anybody else

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 02:16 PM
link   
i like football more but rugby is cool cause it is similar to football in the stly that you hit people all day long

TRD

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I dont play rugby but i like to watch it,havnt been to see a game in a while now last game i went to see was saracens v bath..

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
how is rugby played?

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkeye8424
how is rugby played?

The object is for 2 teams of 15 players (there are different variations) each to move an oval shaped ball up the pitch to the opponent's "in-goal" area. This is an area between the try line (the line on which the posts are situated) and the dead ball line (the line right at the back of the pitch). Methods of moving the ball are running, passing (only backward passes) and kicking (any recieving player on the same team has to be behind the kicker when the ball is kicked). There are 4 methods of scoring.
1: try, ball has to be placed with pressure from the upper body anywhere in the "in-goal" area. Worth 5 points
2: conversion, a kick taken after a try perpendicular to where the try was scored, ball has to pass over the crossbar and between the uprights of the goal posts. ball is on the ground in a "kicking tee"
3. penalty, can be taken after a major infringement. Taken the same way as a conversion from where the infringement took place and worth 3 points.
4. Drop goals (these take a lot of practise to get right) ball has to travel over the crossbar and between the uprights after being dropped on the floor and kicked on the upward bounce, unlike the penalty kicks and the conversions these are not unopposed so you have to be quick. Worth 3 points.

There is a lot more but i don't have the time to write it right now and I apologise if it isn't very clear, it's not a very easy game to explain. If you want me to explain the rest i can try.

new topics

top topics

join