It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cricket: How do you play

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Cricket is a bit boring i think soccer would be better so u better brush up on the english teams and players..:cool2:

Do you have any links?

How would you do fantasy soccer? Goals, assists, and neg points for cards?

TRD

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 12:09 PM
link   
PA i will sort it out i will be a bit difficult i will have to put the scoring in one thread and then get it locked and post links to a list of all the players and team sites as there is 20 teams in the premier league with over a 500 players...We have plenty of time so i will get started on it.!

Scoring usually works on goals,goal assists,ratings,man of the match,hat tricks (3 goals in a match) scores more,No goals scored against you..

Negative....points...Yellow and red cards,goals against you...

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
PA i will sort it out i will be a bit difficult i will have to put the scoring in one thread and then get it locked and post links to a list of all the players and team sites as there is 20 teams in the premier league with over a 500 players...We have plenty of time so i will get started on it.!

Scoring usually works on goals,goal assists,ratings,man of the match,hat tricks (3 goals in a match) scores more,No goals scored against you..

Negative....points...Yellow and red cards,goals against you...

TRD I'll give you hand putting this together if you want?

TRD

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 12:15 PM
link   
No problem Teflon that would be good,thanks for the help..!

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Cool, a soccer fantasy league, should be interesting. If I pick first, I'm taking Pele. :tum:

TRD

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
Cool, a soccer fantasy league, should be interesting. If I pick first, I'm taking Pele. :tum:

Pele retired looong time ago PA....lol

I'm working on it with TeflonDon so it won't be too long,it will be easy to play...
As each team only play's once or twice a week.....

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Yeah, Pele has been retired for years. I remember when we were very young and would play soccer in the backyard, we would all fight over who was going to be Pele that day. :tum:

It will be a little easier to follow than baseball if its only once or twice a week. I do love there being baseball games every night though, makes it interesting.

TRD

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Pele has got to be the Greatest footballer their has ever been...

I like the thing aswell with baseball where their is a game every night it does make it more interesting,but with so many fantasy leagues on the go Baseball,Soccer and American Football when the other 2 start maybe one only 1/2 times a week won't be bad...

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Ok I think you guys seriously got off on the tangent from hell on this subject.

I myself being australian. Play the game in many forms..So I consider myself an expert in the Field of Cricket.

I play Indoor Cricket as well as club and six a side outdoor cricket..so any major questions fire away I will answer them for you.

chris

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 10:32 PM
link   
how different is indoor and outdoor cricket...are there any major changes in the rules?

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Mate if you want to get fit.. then this is the game for you.

Usually the team is 8 a side.. You are surrounded by a net on all 4 sides...

Hitting the ball is a single..Hitting onto the ON (or side you are batting to) side into the net gives you the run plus a bonus run. Hitting onto the opposite net gives you 2 runs plus the one you run.

Hitting the back net on the full gives you a six....It's an extremely fast paced game.

BUT

If you get out..whether it's caught, bowled or stumped you don't leave the crease.. you just lose 5 runs.. I have been in a game where the opposing team finished their innings in the negative..It's a common occurance.

You have 5 overs to prove your worth to the team with the bat.. Then you field to try and defend your total.

Awesome fun and a great way to get fit.

Chris

(post by todaytossprediction removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join