It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Football: Bring Back Beckham!!

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Do we need to say more? After Englands dismall performances and lack of attacking, goals since his departure. Its time to bring back Goldenballs and bring some spirit, fight back to the team.

There is a website to go vote at and leave a comment....

VOTE now.... BRING BACK BECKHAM! ... Click here

[Edited on 13/10/06 by TRD]

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I think I read somewhere that he's going to be coming to America. Any truth to that?

TRD

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
There is a possibility Gibbs.

He hasnt signed a new conract at Real Madrid and it looks like he wont on recent strories in the papers.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I heard he might be going to America awell Gibbs, ain't the reason why something to do with the sequel to the film 'Bend It like Beckham'.

Think its called...... 'Sitting on the bench'

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by rynaldo82
I heard he might be going to America awell Gibbs, ain't the reason why something to do with the sequel to the film 'Bend It like Beckham'.

Think its called...... 'Sitting on the bench'

"Squat like Beckham"?

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Also bring back Campbell and James

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
I think I read somewhere that he's going to be coming to America. Any truth to that?

The LA galaxy will make a bid for him. The had the MLS (American FA) salary rules changed so they could sign him and pay his salary. I think its still pretty much up in the air as to whether the Galaxy will succeed in signing him. Beckham coming to America would be a risky move for him. The upsides are that he can spend the last two or three years he has in him in a league where he will be the star and he can be an ambassador for football in a part of the world where it has yet to take hold. The downside is that he only has two or three years left in him and he would be wasting those years in a third rate league and can consider his European football career over if he makes the move. On the other hand, he can still have a viable European career if he moves to a mid-level European team like an Aston Villa or Totenham.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
Also bring back Campbell and James

James? in goal? for england? Obviously you cant be that smart being a pompey fan and all but surely your not being serious...and why put a donkey in defence when Dawson and King are available?

England team:

......................Robinson.....................
Neville........Terry.........King.....A. Cole
....................Huddlestone..................
Lennon....................................J. Cole
.......................Gerrard.....................
.............Rooney............Defoe...........

[edit on 28-12-2006 by surrender_dorothy]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Surrender_dorothy by the looks of your team, i'm taking a not so wild stab in the dark that your a Spurs supporter.

As for Beckham going to the US, i would say its a big possibility. He has set up a school of excellence and his wife is going to treat you to her new fashion tv show on cable.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I can't see him going back to England, the only teams who could afford him would be Chelsea and Arsenal. But I don't think either of them would want him, unless the want to use him to make money.

I read a while ago, Real are supposed to have offered him a new 2 year deal? Kinda nuts you would have thought since he sits on the bench most of the time. And they recently signed another midfield player. When he first went to Real, the ammount of money they made from the Beckham brand was supposed to have made enough money to cover his contract. So he must still pull in enough money with his names on shirts, touring and the likes.

Not sure if he will be happy to sit on the bench which is likely to happen. Everyone thought the same about McBananaman years ago, but he was happy to do that and eventually got bombed out the door.

Hey TRD, I see that Digi Camera you got at xmas is working

I just noticed my ATS point system thing, its almost pararell with the Hammers

[edit on 8-1-2007 by rynaldo82]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Englands problem isn´t the lack of players as Mac would have us believe its the lack of a world class manager who can bring in new ideas and actually inspire the team.

I can speak other languages and after watching " Deutschland. Ein Sommermärchen " a behind the scenes documentary about the German teams build up and participation in the world cup.

The way Jurgen Klinsman and his team brought in new ideas the way he inspired the team in the dressing room before games, well amazing. And look how the team with few stars, very young players played. Ok they were at home but they still played the most attractive atacking football in the world cup IMO.

Google Video Link

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
FORZA MILAN ROSSONERI SIEMPRE!

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Hi there Oblate,

Yeah, I agree.. I think Klinsman did really well way back at the World Cup and they were sooooo unlucky not to win it, i guess in the end the teams youth and not much experience was the problem.

I see Beckham is back in the team these days at Real but Capello's hands are tied behind his back.

At the start of the season he played Diarra and Emerson in central midfield and the fans would boooooo. So now, I don't know if its fan pressure or the chairman.. but at home he only plays the 1 defensive midfielder. Same with Beckham, I think hes being told play him or else.

Beckham must be about 30 odds now? I would imagine its better leaving him out the team as his best days are done, and you may aswell try get someone else on the right side of the pitch. Lennon at Spurs is fantastic, if I had a choice out of the two of them I would prefer Lennon. Then there is Walcott and I guess even SWP if he gets on form.

I still reckon Steve McLaren was a junk appointment though.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Beckham, pfft, dont make me laugh, Totti > Man u
, is Beckham playing for LA now? or is he still with Real, thought he was transfered.,..

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
i say let the americans keep beckham
hes old burnt out player

IMO
he lost us the world CUP and Euro cup

lets hope he knows the diffrence between american football and normal football

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Bring back Beckham? Are you HIGH?

The guy is a lazy one trick pony, lacking the testicular fortitude to be an effective skipper.

You wanna know why England are playing badly?

It's because we insist on playing FRANK LAMPARD.

Lampard is NOWHERE near as good as people make out. You think he is world class for Chelsea? No, Jose Mourinho, who is genuine world class, built a team of world beaters around Lampard. Makalele plus the Chelsea defense are THAT GOOD, Lampard can swan off and join in attacks as he sees fit.

Ah, but he scores loads for Chelsea, I hear you say. Yes, and thats because he is a shot-hog. Frank can't shoot, yet everytime he can see the goal, BANG. Note how many of his goals are dodgy deflections. That's not a long range shooting master... how people like Steven Gerrard shoot is genuine long range shot mastery. If Frank, rather than shoot all the time, passed to better placed team mates, then Chelsea would score tons more than their already significant haul, and England would also be scoring for freeness.

Yet, the England setup are hooked on Frank. They don't understand why Frank won't churn out the goods for The Three Lions. And look! Frank doesn't play, and suddenly, Gerrard starts scoring! Will McClaren get the idea? Bollocks will he.

Bring back Beckham to save England? No, drop Lampard, and keep Beckham out, play a DISCIPLINED holding mid (Hargreaves, Carrick, or Huddlestone), let Steve go forward from midfield, play Lennon on the right and Joe Cole on the left, and England will have a midfield that will be capable of destroying teams.

Lennon and Cole will also give us that added tactical advantage of being able to swap our wingers around at will, as both are capable of playing on either flank. Joe's tricks, Lennon's sheer pace, and every international defense will fear England. And that's even before we have got to Steve in the centre, whose passing is INFINATELY better than Lampard's, whose shooting is INFINATELY better than Lampard's, whose tactical awareness is INFINATELY better than Lampard's.

People often wonder why Michael Owen (when fit) struggles to make impact on England games. It's because of idiots like Lampard and Beckham. Becks would always try and land a 70-yard cross-field lofted pass onto a tiny guy's head, and Lampard would never pass.

Gerrard however would bring people like Owen, Defoe, and Andrew Johnson into games, as Steve knows how to PASS ALONG THE FLOOR, and doesn't always shoot.

'takes a breath'

Oh, and PLEASE let's get rid of Gary Neville... Micah Richards is the future of England at right-back.

new topics

top topics

join