It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Football: Ronaldo v Rooney and his red card.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
So what gives? Looking at the footage from the day there seemed to be hostility towards Rooney from Ronaldo and the wink as Rooney was sent off says it all. Then Ronaldo releases a statement saying they've texted each other and are best of friends which was followed by one from Rooney saying it was resolved and he was 'dissapointed' with his Man Utd teammate's involvement.
That with the Ref selling his story to the Times in which he says the decision was based on the groin stamp. Thing is not long before he wouldn't say either way and some people have speculated he didn't even notice it at the time. He certainly did not look like he was going to produce a red card until after Ronaldo came over and Rooney pushed him......
Does anyone think this is being played down to keep evenone's careers safe and the money rolling in?

Here's a clip with analysis and also the 'playful' headbutt by Ronaldo before the game.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I'm not a soccer fan, so can't respond to the post. but I did notice you're new to the place and wanted to send out a welcome and if you need anything let me know. I'm assuming your the same AgentSmith from over on ATS?

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Yes that's right i am, sorry didn't introduce myself! Always associate this place with an 'extension' if you like of ATS, but more in the ID sense - hopefully that's not insulting in some way! LOL
You can tell it's me from the clumsy writing and hurried spelling. heheh.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
That's ok, new members usually get their welcoming in their first post anyway. BTW, i am member DarkHelmet over on ATS.

TRD

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I posted another thread like this in the Man United forum, but yeah he did it on purpose..

They only texed each other due to Fergie making Rooney do it. Rooney doesnt want anything to do with him and i think Ronaldo will be on his way. It was him and Van Nistlerooy that had the bust up on the training pitch so it looks like Ronaldo is a trouble maker. I really hope he steps on the training pitch and Rooney gives him what for...

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I just have to say that ronaldo deserves what rooney vwants to do with him, he cost england their best chance to win the world cup!

top topics

join