It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Football: Fifa World Cup 2006 Thread

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
As the Azzurri represent the motherland, I for one am happy to see them win. Of course, I realize that might make me a bit unpopular on this here thread...

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I think that right now, the road is paved for an England v Germany/Argentina final. Personally, I think that would be the best final due to the rivalry between England and both the 2 counties. To beat Germany in their back yard would be hilarious! We would never let them live it down! :tum: I thought Spain would get further before fullfilling everyone's expectations of them to underacheive as usual! Ah well, I am sure that one day they will get to a WC final, just not win it!

TRD

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Hello Mar.. i mean Socrates...

Spain are always mess it up when it gets down to the buisiness end.

There should be some good games in the quarter-finals..

Germany vs Argentina
Italy vs Ukraine
England vs Portugal
Brazil v France

Quite surprised to see the Ukraine there but they had an easy route through. England should beat Portugal, we just need to make a slight improvement. I read today that the Portugese are secretly trying to get Deco's sending off recinded, massive secret eh? it was all in the papers lol.

France have a squeak against Brazil but that and the Argentina v Germany game look the toughest ..

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
:angry-smiley-034: Scolari claiming Deco didnt deserve that first yellow... oh wait, he didnt, it should have been a red
If Figo was out as he should be, and C Rolanldo was still injured they could have had to completely rebuild their midfield. Even with those 2 we have a great chance to beat them. If we do we should gather some momentum like France will now do and all our performances will improve. Besides, we up our game for the big ones, and we suck against teams who put 10 men behind the ball, ie everyone we have played so far.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Who plays who after thesegames, or will that be decided after the games?

TRD

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Gibbs..

The first two games in the list games play each other in the semi-finals...

England v Portugal/Brazil v France

TRD

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Looking at how most of the teams have performed so far, there is no real standout.. I think all the teams in the quarters have a chance to go through, it all depends on who wants it the most on the day.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Gibbs..

The first two games in the list games play each other in the semi-finals...

England v Portugal/Brazil v France

Thanks dude!

So you both think no chance for Italy to get past either Germany or Argentina?

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Lol, so much for 20000 sports knowledge gibbs
lol

Yeah the only way we can play Argentina or Germany is if we get to the final and one of them do as well. Here's hoping

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Lol, hell no. Italy wont beat either of them. Both are playing really well. I think Argentina have peaked though, while Germany are geting better and better.... but lets wait and see. No matter who plays, I am sure it will be awsome :tum:

TRD

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Gibbs is an American, they are still learning the beautifull game...

TRD

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The way Italy have played they will have to really put in a great performance to get through.. I cant see them making it to the final but you never know.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Socrates
Lol, so much for 20000 sports knowledge gibbs
lol

Yeah the only way we can play Argentina or Germany is if we get to the final and one of them do as well. Here's hoping

Ah, so you're onto my bluff, LOL!

Nah, not much of a world cup fan prior to this year, and kinda hard to want to follow with the American team bumbling thier way out early...

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I'd still be happy with Germany in the final, my mother's side has German (Pennsylvania Dutch) heritage...

:party-smiley-018:

Oh yeah, an dhome field advantage for them, too...

:sport-smiley-019:

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Yeah I thought the US would have done a bit better, but that was a hard group. Anyone could have qualified. And they should have beaten Italy. I thought the Czechs would go through, especially as Nedved is still a legend and Rosicky pays for Arsenal.
Oh and despite my feelings about Chelsea, they also have the best goalie in the world.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Oh and despite my feelings about Chelsea, they also have the best goalie in the world.

which country is he from?

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
One final pic from my brother in law's trip to Germany, from the stadium, USA vs Italy -

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Czech Republic... hence why he plays for the Czech Republic...

TRD

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Great pic Gibbs, i bet he had a great time out there!

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Czech Republic... hence why he plays for the Czech Republic...

Ah, but you said Chelsea, which I understand plays in the Premiership...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join