It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Football: Mclaren

page: 1

join
share:
aj7

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 03:47 AM
link   
any1 else think big sam should have got the job?

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 03:49 AM
link   
It should have been Nigel Worthington!!!

TRD

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Alan Pardew!!!

Well to be honest you have to give the guy a chance. He is already in the set-up, the players know him well and he gets involved more than Sven ever has. But look at his track record and he hasn't achieved much at all. Middlesborough dont look that good a side and i bet he was glad to find a way out before it fell around his ears. But England, well see how it goes in the first few games he is in charge.

I personally think he is just another puppet for the FA to pull the strings. Big Sam never got the job as he supposedly said that he couldnt guarentee that Beckham would stay captain.

aj7

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   
well never mind big sam was too good for the job any way

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Big Sam plays boring route one football

aj7

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 04:48 AM
link   
it might not be pretty but it is efective

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   
England can't expect to win all their games by hoofing down the middle. You need class to win internationals

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
i dont really rate the new manager, hes alright but hes no better than Bryan Robson whos went down the drain.

The UEFA cup run, McLaren wanted to sell about 4 key players who eventually were the best peformers before xmas... and the chairman was saying no. If it werent for the chairman, as Southgate said... they might no have got that far. I guess its impossible to say but it makes you think

But yeah, i think its just a Donkey they have brought in. He aint expected to win anything, just someone they can control

I thouth Big Sam got rejected cos hes a northerner?

TRD

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Looks like they don't trust him fully with teh job as they have opened the door for Terry Venebles to be the no2...

aj7

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 12:51 AM
link   
they diddnt want big sam because he can think for himself and not do what the fa wnats all the time:party-smiley-018:

top topics

join