It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Football: Is there a way ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Is there a way for me to watch teams such as Arsenal on TV here in America ? Like is there any way for me to order a channel or something ?

I have been interested in starting to become a fan of European soccer.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
ermmmm.. i aint sure what TV stations you get. I would imagine its possible

Do you get Sky Sports? maybe its worth asking who supplies your TV deal etc, like the supplier of the person who gives you channels.

Another little thing you could do, there is some games you can download. Its best using torrent files, any problems or if this is of interest just post, and i will tell you how to do it.

I had a look around, here is a good torrent index site footballtorrents.net...

I will have a look at it, its new to me. There is loads of torrent sites

Hope this helps

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Thanks Rynaldo.

I have heard the European soccer has some of the loyalest craziest fans. I also heard it gets very loud in those stadiums.

Is that true ?

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I know that you can watch some of the gaems, my borther in law is a Man U fan, he watches games quite often. I dont' know th ename of the channel offhand, though.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I believe there is a Soccer channel on satelite, i think fox owns it. On the weekends it's either ESPN 2 or Fox sports that has european soccer games, they are tape delayed though. Your best bet is gonna be satelite though.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Yep I just checked. I have FSN ( fox soccer network )

Yay.

TRD

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SurfOBBC
Thanks Rynaldo.

I have heard the European soccer has some of the loyalest craziest fans. I also heard it gets very loud in those stadiums.

Is that true ?

Absolutely true....

This sounds crazy and a bit over-the-top, but rival supporters have killed each other over a game of football. There is always fighting between rival fans at games, which was at a height in the 1980's but has slowly started to creep back into the game, especially International and European games. I must admit i was around in the 1980's at these games as a teenager and i got involved in these altercations and stuff and got myself into quite a bit of trouble which resulted with me being banned from every football stadium in Europe for 3 years among other things.

The noise levels are unbelievable, anything from 25,000 to 80,000 fans in a stadium, singing at the top of their voices and screaming abuse at rival fans and teams. Even the managers, chairmen of the clubs and officials (referee and linesmen) gets so much abuse shouted at them during games.

As for the games on TV, you should be able to get them on cable but might have to pay a subscription. Setanta Sports do live UK games in the US, Fox Soccer Channel (FSC) - US, ESPNSoccernet show highlights i think.. Check out this site www.soccertv.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
wow that is awesome.

I love yelling at the other teams fans.

I wouldnt kill anyone but yelling and screaming at them is always fun.

May have to check out a game next time I'm in europe. heh

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
just to add to what TRD was saying Surf,

In football there is also so much racial stuff, its not that bad in the UK but in Italy its terrible and in some spanish grounds its the same. A famous case in Italy is the Lazio fans, their gang goes into the managers room and chat before games etc and about who not to buy, not to play black guys and the likes. Them and Rome have huge fan fights, but the thugs have so much power they have a say in which team to pick.

In Turkey its really bad too, with Galatasary and Fernabche being the worst. In scotland a few years ago, a ref got hit with a coin which split his head. A few days later his house windows got tanked got he gave a decision against one team

A famous case maybe in the late 80s, a Columbian player missed a penalty i believe, which is a really good oppurtinty to score, and cos of this, he was killed. Someone Escobar i think his name was. TRD might know, hes older than me haha.

Football is soooo big in Europe, and with so many people being into it. To stop the crime involved is virtually impossible

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Just to add.....

There is likely to be trouble at the World Cup. Polands supporters are supposed to be rather violent people.

TRD, do you expect big fighting between England and Germany fans?

TRD

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I remember the Columbian player and i actually see this miss on TV. Didnt they kidnapp his family aswell?

England - Germany? Yeah i think there will be trouble, the big issue will be on how to keep the trouble makers away. They usually fly to neighbouring countries a few days before the World Cup starts and enter the country its being played in across the boarder...

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I was just googling around and found an article about it

sportsillustrated.cnn.com...

I never realised this happened in 1994, i thought it was the 80s' Cant actually remember if Columbia made it past the group stage back then.

Can you think of any other cases TRD when players have been killed cos of football?

I remember a while ago there was a Celtic Rangers game. And i believe Rangers won for a change, this was maybe 2 years ago. Alan Thompson and Ricksen stay in the same neighbourhood and what happened was that around the back of midnight, Ricksen came up to Thommo's house and opened his letter box shouting quite alot of things through the letterbox and banging on the door. And thats the profesionals haha

Ricksen has got a bad attitude though

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Whoa European Football sounds pretty serious.

And I thought American College Football was as crazy as it could get.

top topics

join