It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Football: Hiddink to coach England?

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Guus Hiddink's agent admits the Dutchman would "definitely be interested in hearing from the Football Association" if they approached him to take over from Sven-Goran Eriksson. It was announced on Monday that Eriksson will step down after the forthcoming World Cup in Germany and Hiddink's agent Cees van Nieuwenhuizen admits the PSV Eindhoven and Australia coach would be open to offers.

Sportinglife.com

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I can't help feeling it would be wrong for england to take a second foreign coach on the trot, although it was mooted by someone in the FA last week. Surely it's time to blood an experienced 'British' manager like O'Neill and lift the whole of the coaching staff.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   
true, i dont think 2 foriegn managers in succesion is a good idea.

I think O'neill would be good at managing at international level, but i can only see him taking the Northern Ireland job maybe at a later date.

hes got a good repuation (Hiddink), i dunno who wil get the job

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   
O'neil wont be back in football for awhile he is still looking after his sick wife. And he will most prob be Man United bound if he did come back.

Hiddink has the right credentials but yeah do we really need another foreign coach in charge of England?

Big Sam is the favourite but do you want to see Kevin Davies in an England shirt?

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Not sure Allardyce has the charisma, sure he's hard working and a bully when he needs to be, but can you see him making an after-dinner speech after receiving the World Cup?....hmmmm

top topics

join