It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Football: Campbell Or Terry?????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
With the World Cup not too far away Sven must start thinking about his team!

But whos gonna partner Rio at centre back???

Campbell has a hell of alot of experience, is a big lad and is very dominant in the air, aswell as being powerful up front for corners etc.....

And Terry is......well hes just John Terry isnt he....what more can be said about the man?

So who would you choose?????

Mic
:sport-smiley-019:

TRD

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
John Terry all day long. Campbell wouldn't get a look in. He has picked up his fair share of injuries and he is not getting any younger. Terry is turning into a world class defender no doubt and he has to be first choice.. Campbells place is at risk at Arsenal to Senderos and there has been talks of Arsenal shipping Sol out.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
And there has been talks of Arsenal shipping Sol out.

Guess where to!!!!

NEWCASTLE! WOO HOO!

Campbells experience will do wonders for the younger members of the Newcastle defence! (Taylor and Ramage etc.....)

Mic
:sport-smiley-019:

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 05:54 AM
link   
am going to have go with Terry on this one too as much as it hurts me to agree with TRD

maybe if woodgate gets fit again it might be him at the back.

i aint a fan of Rio

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
What do you mean Campbell or Terry
Don't you mean Campbell and Terry

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdyBaby
What do you mean Campbell or Terry
Don't you mean Campbell and Terry

Are you mad???

Rio is the best defender in England and one of the best in the world!

Stephen Taylor will be better though!

Mic
:sport-smiley-019::party-smiley-018::sport-smiley-019:

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by MickeyDee
Are you mad???
Rio is the best defender in England and one of the best in the world!
Stephen Taylor will be better though!
Mic

Rio is not even the best defender at his club
best in the world you are joking

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Rio is not even the best defender at his club
best in the world you are joking

Rio IS the best at Man Utd and IS one of the best in the world!

And Man Utd obviously think so too!
£100,000 a week is alot of money for a defender!

Mic

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The Best Man Utd Defender is Heinze

You got your rosetinted glasses on lol

As for Rio being best in the world just because he is on 100K and Man Utd also paid 30Million for him so really he better be the best or maybe they overpaid for him (Buying him and his Wages)

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Errrrr.....how about NO!

As for Rio being best in the world just because he is on 100K and Man Utd also paid 30Million for him so really he better be the best or maybe they overpaid for him (Buying him and his Wages)

I didnt say he was the best in the world, i said he was ONE OF!

Mic

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MickeyDee

Errrrr.....how about NO!

I didnt say he was the best in the world, i said he was ONE OF!

As i said you must be wearing rosetinted glasses

TRD

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I have watched Rio play football since he was a kid at all levels, so i would say i have a good opinion of him. I wouldn't say he is 'the best' or maybe not in the top 5 defenders in the world but he is definatly high on the list. He missed alot of football due to his ban, but before that he was in top form. Just take a look at Nistlerooy last season after all them injurys and not playing. There was talks of him going and now look how good he is playing and scoring so far this season.

As far being the best at Man United, thats a difficult choice, as they all have different roles to play. Neville gets up the wing and plays nice overlaps with Ronaldo, like he did with Beckham and like he does for England. So i would say he is more productive than Rio, but for out and out defending Rio is definatly the best at United.

The England role is different aswell. Rio missed alot of games with them aswell but him and Terry are definatly the best partnership. Campbells injuries have taken their toll and i for one would like to see him get at least 20 first team games under his belt before i would get him back into the England set-up on a regular basis. The man might not be the same, Arsenal seem to think so and as i said his days might be numbered there. Wenger wouldn't let him go unless he was made to because of his high wages. Senderos has looked a bit ropey in a few games, so Sol might get his chance and then we will see if he still has it.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 07:10 AM
link   
i think thay r 2 gd plays and its ard :sport-smiley-019::sport-smiley-019:

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
hey, Woodgate is nearing fitness and he will be playing at Real, and hes good....

So if he comes back, good form.... will it be Woodgate and Terry?

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
rio was shocking against fulham today, definitely campbell and terry for england!!

TRD

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The last few games there has been a bit of a stink about Campbell.

He is a big man but he seems to be using his elbows alot. You think it's on purpose or is it just the way he jumps?

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
The last few games there has been a bit of a stink about Campbell.

He is a big man but he seems to be using his elbows alot. You think it's on purpose or is it just the way he jumps?

Yeah he seems to be using his elbows the same way that every other CB uses theres including Terry, Woodgate King and the overated Rio

TRD

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Yes, its the way of the game. But Campbells seem to be highlighted more in the last few weeks.. You can usually tell if its by accident as the player will have their eye on the ball.. But when they take a look at the other player to see there position and then the elbow comes into play, then that could well be deliberate. Just like that guy on Shearer the other day, you can't say that wasn't deliberate lol!

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Yes, its the way of the game. But Campbells seem to be highlighted more in the last few weeks.. You can usually tell if its by accident as the player will have their eye on the ball.. But when they take a look at the other player to see there position and then the elbow comes into play, then that could well be deliberate. Just like that guy on Shearer the other day, you can't say that wasn't deliberate lol!

Yeah the guy who elbowed Shearer was out of order and should of been arrested it was so blatant and i am not surprised that Shearer was doing his nut

top topics

join