It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Football: Uefa president sexist?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Uefa president Lennart Johansson has defended his controversial remarks about female footballers, insisting "I'm not a sexist".

Johansson caused a stir by suggesting the women's game could benefit financially by promoting the image of "sweaty, lovely looking girls."

But Johansson countered in The Times newspaper: "All I was saying is that women are more marketable than men.[/qoute]

source

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I thought Sepp Blatter was the UEFA president, or is that fifa?? someone help me out lol

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 05:12 AM
link   
yip. Blatter is FIFA president.

and well... the game is promoted with Beckham and other players doing modeling right.... its used to there advantage and well.. am sure females in football could do massive merchandinsing for the game

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Blatter said something ages ago abou the womens game, but it wasnt very positive
i cant remember what exactly though

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 05:57 AM
link   
ummm.. i dont know what he said to be honest, i'l look around see what i can find or.....we can just wait for TRD

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Blatter said that the shorts and shirts that the women wear should be tighter fitting lol Very sexist!

I think what Lennart said was on the money, if they want to draw big sponsors then they have to find a star, footballing ability is great but being pretty sells more, look at Beckham. If Wayne Rooney was good looking he would be dangerous! It has taken the mens game years to get global status and have the money coming in so the womens game has to follow suit.

Sex sells in todays world, I'm not saying they need to parade around in skimpy outfits but promoting one of the better looking ladies would help with the finances.

May I suggest Englands very lovely, tall blond left-back lol.

new topics

top topics

join