It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Football: Owen- can he score 50 for England?

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Michael Owen has set his sights on becoming the first England player to score 50 goals after his brilliant hat-trick against Colombia moved him into fourth spot in his country's all-time list of marksmen.

Owen revealed his former strike partner Alan Shearer had been the first person to contact and congratulate him after he had surpassed the 30-goal haul of the Newcastle captain plus Tom Finney and Nat Lofthouse. Now only Jimmy Greaves (44), Gary Lineker (48) and record-holder Sir Bobby Charlton (49) are ahead of the Real Madrid hitman who, at just 25, should have the best years of his career still ahead of him.

LINK

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
yes he will beat it, i am going to make a prediction of 57 goals as he has lots of striking potential for england still

TRD

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
If he can stay fit for the tournaments and some of the easier games for England then yeah i think he can beat it no prob..

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
i think he will beat it. i think 52.

cos... Defoe and Rooney will be first choice at some point and then owen wont score as much lol

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I think he will beat it as well, but he isn't a better player than those above him in the list and a few of those below.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by dilly
yes he will beat it, i am going to make a prediction of 57 goals as he has lots of striking potential for england still

Owen should come back to liverpool if he is going to be the best striker again i think he can do it but has a hardcore liverpool fan he should come home to anfield waht do you think?

TRD

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I think they would like to have him back but will he want to go back? There is a few clubs in the Prem that would like to have him.. Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea, Newcastle and he might be temted by one of them.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Hmm newcastle could be an option, so could Arsenal. BUt i dont think he will leave Madrid if he can help it

TRD

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
He has said time and time again he wants to stay and its the media with all the hype. The right bid would have to come in to be able to prise him away and it would have to be quite a bit more than what Real paid for him.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 05:32 AM
link   
He is just saying the things that he has to, he knows he is not really wanted at Madrid and would like a move back to the Prem.

Man Utd!!!!

top topics

join