It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Football: England to play in the USA in May!!

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   

England will play friendlies against the USA and Colombia on an American tour at the end of May.

The Football Association have announced the dates of England's summer tour which will see Sven-Goran Eriksson's team play the USA in Chicago on Saturday, May 28 and Colombia in New Jersey on May 31. England will fly to the States on May 24, meaning there could be a potential clash if Chelsea or Liverpool are involved in the Champions League final in Istanbul the following day. Even if they are however, there are no contractual agreements about which players England must take on the tour.

LINK

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
why are they playing Columbia in New Jersey

TRD

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I dunno Gibbs, why they playing the USA in chicago? I thought they would pick a better place than that. I bet they are sell-out games like when Man United toured the states the last two years...

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
they must feel that will bring in the largest ammount of revenue for the games, and possibly that bit of america, there alot of english supporteres?

should be good games, usa have really improved as a team, and the last time i seen a columbia england match, rene higuita did his scorpion kick

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
At least Chicago is in the USA. Columbia may be further from the US than England is.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 05:42 AM
link   
am sure the players are looking forward to their little holiday there

Sir

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Hey its all good, at least your get to see what a real football looks like..

top topics

join