It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Football: English trio could eclipse Real and others

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal have the potential to become the world's three richest clubs in two years' time - ahead of even Real Madrid, a report has revealed.

United have retained their position at the head of the Deloitte Football Money League for the eighth year in a row, with an annual income of 172million for the 2003-04 season.

While second-placed Real closed the gap, with an income of 156.3 million, and AC Milan are in third spot, Chelsea have climbed from 10th place to fourth in the space of just 12 months, on 143.7 million.

Arsenal, meanwhile, are also on the up, with the opening of their new 60,000-capacity Emirates stadium in the summer of 2006 set to revolutionise their income levels thereafter.

Sportinglife

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
yer, in england with the sky tv buying so much of the matches, it really seems to be where the money is.

though, its saying man utd are the richest, i think real are the ones who would break the bank more so than them. and of course chelsea

its also good news for arsenal fans, this could mean large sums of money being made available to wenger to strenghten in a few years

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I remember glancing at this list and it said Aston Villa were 20th on the list. Now i thought the club were completly skint with no money to spend and they never fill their stadium so i dont see how they are as high as that.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
well..they dont spend huge ammounts, and maybe they are just really well run.

am suprised too, to be honest.

but i think doug ellis has a repuation for being a greeedy guy lol

TRD

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
With Villa they have been a consistant top ten club for years now. I don't know how they do it and they always seem to make europe in some form or another.. Also they have spent wisely in the last so many years.

new topics

top topics

join