It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Football: Aussies target Yorke

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Dwight Yorke has been approached by Australian club Sydney FC and is said to be "keen" about a move Down Under. Yorke, out of favour at St Andrews, has been targeted by Sydney as their "marque signing" for the inaugural 2005-06 Hyundai A-League season.

Sydney confirmed on Wednesday they have approached Yorke's representatives, SFX, after claims they have received permission to discuss a deal from Birmingham manager Steve Bruce. A club statement read: "Sydney FC has confirmed it has approached...Birmingham City and Dwight Yorke's management company SFX with a view to making Yorke the club's marque signing for the 2005/06 Hyundai A-League.

"Sydney FC has been granted permission by Birmingham's manager, Steve Bruce, to negotiate with Yorke, and SFX have been contacted by Sydney FC about bringing the Trinidad and Tobago international to Australia." A Sydney club spokesman told Fox Sports in Australia: "It's now just a matter of agreeing on personal terms. Dwight has told us he's keen to come".

Sportinglife

TRD

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Australian outfit Sydney have confirmed they are in talks with Birmingham striker Dwight Yorke. The Trinidad & Tobago star has been linked with a move to the Southern Hemisphere, while Japan has also been mooted as a possible destination. Now Sydney have confirmed they want to try and lure the former Manchester United star down under.

Skysports

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
this club defo want him, though, if yorke goes there, it makes you wonder.

maybe they will let him have his playboy life style

TRD

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
It would be a huge signing for them and yea i guess they will put him on a pedastal. A good way for him to end his career i guess as not many are showing interest in the UK...

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Best offer he might get, i would take it if i was him.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
looks like one of those pain in the neck links there TRD

when does the australian league start, as they want him before it starts, just thinking if there is a cut off date

TRD

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Looks like they still want him...

Sydney FC remain optimistic that they can win the battle for Birmingham City forward Dwight Yorke. The ambitious Australian outfit are keen to recruit the veteran attacker ahead of the start of the new A-League season. Birmingham have given permission for Yorke to speak to Sydney, who are now haggling over personal terms with the 33-year-old.

skysports.planetfootball.com...'s+Yorke+hope&channel=Football_Home

TRD

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by rynaldo82
looks like one of those pain in the neck links there TRD

Yeah it was lol!

Well its the best offer he has had and i wouldn't be surprised if it was the only one...

top topics

join