It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Football: Atkinson faces new Racist allegations!!

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Ron Atkinson was at the centre of new allegations of racism after being accused of insulting Chinese women. Atkinson was speaking to more than 250 people at a fund-raising event at Sheffield Wednesday, one of his former clubs.

It is claimed he sparked outrage at the event on Thursday after telling the audience: "The Chinese people have the best contraception in the world - but I can't understand why there's so many of them because their women are so ugly."

However Atkinson defended himself today, telling the Sheffield Star: "I cannot believe anyone has complained about anything I said. I went there to help them out and to raise money. I stayed for ages and did photographs.

"I can't believe this - I just can't believe this.

"I can't say anything now. I've been ultra-careful about everything. It was an easy evening and everyone enjoyed themselves."

Atkinson was forced to resign from his role as ITV's football analyst in April last year after calling Chelsea defender Marcel Desailly a "f****** lazy n****r". Atkinson, 65, also lost his job as a pundit for the Guardian in the storm which followed his off-air comments after Chelsea lost 3-1 to Monaco in a Champions League semi-final.

Sportinglife

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
he did well with going and doing autographs and to make the appearence, but why make that joke? i guess the thing is, hes looking more like a racist, about desially and now chinese.

maybe if it was white people. it would be a bit more tolerated

TRD

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Thing is he is old school and has been in the game for years, same as Marsh. A few years back they would have got away with saying things like that. But with all this political correctness and people up their own azzes too much, you cant say too much now without being branded a racist.

join