It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Football: Racism rife in Footbal Administration

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Racism in recruitment at the highest level of the football industry is still a major problem, the Commission for Racial Equality said on Monday.

Despite the large number of black players in top clubs, those who run the game are almost all white, according to a new report from the Commission.

The report found that less than 1% of positions off the field and - in board rooms, management and coaching staff - are held by non-whites, while less than 2% of supporters on the terraces are from ethnic minorities.

And 75% of clubs have informal recruitment practices, meaning that "if your face fits, you get the job".

There are no non-white members of the FA board or the 92-strong FA council and only one Premier League club reported having a non-white board director.

The report also found that while black players predominate at every level of the game, there are hardly any Asian or Chinese players at any level or in any age group.

The vast majority of professional football league clubs do not give their staff any training in equal opportunities, and in the Premier League only 32% of clubs trained their staff.

Sportinglife

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 07:29 AM
link   
What a load of f-rubbish.
Racial equality, racial equality, shut up and get the f on with it.

The reason that there are not many Asian or Chinese players, playing at the top level, is because they are NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Being genetically smaller than Europeans on the whole, they can't cope with the physical demands of our game, simple fact.

'If your face fits' rubbish, if you had the choice of employing a stranger or someone you know, you would go for the second option, becuase you know what your are getting! So it would amaze me if clubs didn't have informal recruitment policies.

I refused to go on my equal opportunities course, it's a waste of time, they are supposed to teach you about seeing past colour and background and judging on merits. I agree with this totally in principle but the courses are biased towards ethnic groups so it's counterpreductive!

TRD

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I tend to agree.. What i see aswell is that alot of the Black players don't seem to go for there coaching badges. There is nothing to stop them from doing it.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Robbie Earle was moaning in the papers about this yesterday. He did make a good point that you shouldn't get better treatment just because your black, it should be the same for everyone.

new topics

top topics

join