It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

just something i thought

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Well I don't know but u know how in religious terms the world was created in 6 days by god. But think about it do we really know what 6 days mean? It could mean billions and billions of years. So if god made man (religious) but in scientific terms most scientist say we evolved from monkeys/apes. So when he (god) created earth couldn't he have done that in the first place. Because we don't really know if they really mean "6 days". Forgive me if I'm wrong but u never know. I mean how do u know. We don't, we just choose the religion that we think is right but there's no way to prove it, it is just our personal beliefs. So I was just thinking if some way the scientific theories are somewhat related to the religious ones. Hey but that's just me.

posted on Nov, 16 2002 @ 05:34 AM
link   
In the bible it says that God created man from dust. No, He didn't cause evolution to happen. I think days there means not 24 hours but many many years. That would explain things being very very old.

posted on Nov, 16 2002 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Gee... Sure would be easier if god said his days were longer than ours... Pick up anything related to the real universe and not this religous one and you'll understand why there is no need for a creator.

posted on Nov, 17 2002 @ 07:06 PM
link   
It takes a thousand earth years to equal
one of god's. So god created the heaven's and the earth in 6,000 years

posted on Nov, 17 2002 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SandMan
In the bible it says that God created man from dust.

Actually, the *original scriptures* said that man was made "from the Earth"...More modern "interpretations" of the older scriptures may specify dust, but then that's just an exercise of "poetic license".

Applying a bit of logical deduction from the *original scriptures*, God made the Earth & then He made sure that the physical laws of matter included the gradual evolution of the first cells, plants, animals, then men.

Whatever any science has learned about our universe, all they're doing is looking at how God made it in the first place & examining His laws of how it works to sustain itself.

God's *real* act of creation was to figure out how to set it up in the first place so that it would sustain itself with little-to-no large interactions to keep it going. The Ultimate Conservationalist.

[Edited on 18-11-2002 by MidnightDStroyer]

top topics

join