It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Football: Pierluigi Collina to ref in the Premier League

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Italian official Pierluigi Collina has refused to rule out coming to referee in the Premiership in the 2005-6 season after he has passed the retirement age of 45 for Italy's Serie A.

Collina would not comment directly on recent suggestions by FA vice-president David Dein that the Premiership would appoint the Italian for high-profile fixtures in the season after next but kept his options open.

"It is too far away for me to think about that," Collina said when asked if he would fancy a Premiership switch.

"First I must finish my commitments at Euro 2004, then I will go on a short holiday and then on August 3 I must go on a training camp with the Italian referees before the new season.

"I have a year to think about what I am going to do and at the moment it is not the time for decisions because I am very busy."

Collina, the first referee to become a world superstar in his own right, is widely admired for his man-management skills and the sound judgement which he has constantly exhibited in some of the most high-profile matches in the world.

link

Sir

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   
He has to be one of the most respected ref's on the game. It would be a great move if they managed to bring him over here to ref. He doesn't take any crap and looks proper scary lol!

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
To ref in the premiership I heard he has to go through a 5 year training program. and by that time his time will be up. For that reason I don't see Collineau reffing in the premiership anytime soon.

TRD

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Well i'm not sure about the 5 year ruling. The way some of the guy's ref over here you would think they have been only doing it for a month. lol

new topics

top topics

join