It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Football: Who will win the World Cup in 2006???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Who do you think will take the Gold, my guess is that it will be Germany

TRD

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Damm that is a really hard question,well i would have to say england being a brit..By 2006 they should have a real good side with all the young talent comming through...

A team that wasnt on the list was France they have a very good side at the moment..

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I don't really like the French much, they sort of betrayed the US during the liberation or invasion (which ever way you look at it
) of Iraq.

TRD

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Fox i dont think that their is many people who do like the french now and not many liked them in the first place..!!

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 08:53 PM
link   
True, In my oppinion, the French are a bunch of whores, they'll do anything for money.

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 03:07 PM
link   
well theres no real answer other than England or England. Like TRD says we have a wealth of talent coming through and they will get tested well in the Euro 2004 comp (which IMO is a harder competion to win than the World cup)

TRD

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 03:46 PM
link   
What i would like to know is who voted for USA...I know vote for your country and all that but hey USA dont stand a cat in hells chance of winning the world cup..!

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 05:09 PM
link   
When I saw that I almost collapsed on the floor laughing to hard. Theirs no way you`d say they are a bad team anymore but I don`t see how they would do it

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Fox i dont think that their is many people who do like the french now and not many liked them in the first place..!!

I cracked up laughing about that...but seriosuly i voted for the USA...but I know they wont win....its just all about pride for my vote lol

TRD

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Osobad of course you support your national or local team its only natural even if the are not very good...

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I went with England. The youth that is coming through the ranks is very impressive and by the World Cup I think we will have a TRULEY worldclass side.

Although I don't think the Yanks will win, don't write them off. Soccer has progressed rapidly in the States and their youth teams are up with the best in the world. The national side has a decent record and in my opinion are not a walkover to play.

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I voted for the USA, do you remember Lake Placid, the Miracle on Ice?

TRD

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheEnforcer
I voted for the USA, do you remember Lake Placid, the Miracle on Ice?

Enforcer dont let your pride blind you USA wont win the World Cup...
,as someone posted befor ethey may be a force in the future as Football is getting bigger in the states each year..

[Edited on 21/7/03 by TRD]

top topics

join