It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Football: Peter Reid new Leeds Manager

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Peter Reid has been told he is under no pressure to sell any more of Leeds' 'crown jewels' following his full-time appointment as manager.

In fulfilling his job of keeping Leeds in the Barclaycard Premiership after taking up the post on an tempary basis following the sacking of Terry Venables seven games ago, Reid has signed one-year rolling contract, which offers several incentives....
Reid has revealed he will be "wheeling and dealing" in the transfer market as soon as the curtain falls on Sunday on what has primarily been a season to forget at Elland Road...
But despite Leeds' �79million debt, that does not mean the likes of Harry Kewell, Mark Viduka, Alan Smith and Paul Robinson will be sold this summer to ease the club's cash crisis...

I don't know if he will do any good as the new manager,his previous track record isn't too bad..I will have a wait and see attitude on him and watch the summer buys/sells....

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I'm a fan of Peter Reid, he's a no nonsense manager who gets the best out of his players. He took Sunderland at a time of crisis and turned them into a good club. I just think it was one season too many for him, the players he had were average but he got them playing. OK his transfer buys weren't the best but I guess you would be limited as to who you could attract to The Stadium of Light. I think Leeds will still have to sell and with Man Utd sniffing for Kewell and Robinson a few more could leave before next season starts.

[Edited on 04/10/03 by TeflonDon]

TRD

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 07:19 PM
link   
As i said his previous track record wasn't that bad..It will be interesting to see who goes at Leeds as i think it is certain that players will leave because of there hugh debt..
I think Leeds as a top 6 club is no more but i will be good if Peter Reid could turn around their fortunes..

join