It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fantasy: ESPN Fantasy League

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I had started a ESPN Fantasy Football League to do with my friends, and still not a single person has signed up. So I'm offering spots to anyone who would want them. Just send me a U2U for the info if you want to.

Also, my first time creating a league... any suggestions to the settings from those that will sign up?

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
GF, I don't know that I'll sign up, as I'm already in 4 leagues this season, plus whatever pick-em or survivla seagues I join yet.

However, it usually is a bit easier for beginners to stick to the more "traditional" lineup of 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 team Defense. Stick with that, you will probably get some more interest. Although I could be wrong, too. But to me, simplier is better when starting something new.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
That's cool... I opened up a 20 team league, because I had a lot of friends wanting to join... but it's been a while since I set it up... and I'm the only one.

If I sent you a link to the league settings, do you think you could trake a look at what I have set up and what I should prob change?

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
If I can remember what my username and password are for ESPN, sure, lol!

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I guess you'd just go to games.espn.go.com... to look at the settings. You can U2U me any changes I should make, if any.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Hey, things look pretty cool to me there. I'm not a huge fan of the flex positions (WR/RB instead of just one or the other), but I'm sure there are planty out there that enjoy them.

We are still a bit early for fantasy, but now is thetime for serious competitors to start preparing. Maybe that's why no on eelse has joined yet.

I'll tell you what, if you have an odd number of teams just before the draft, let me know, I'll put a team in to keep your numbers even. I won't pay that much attention to it, though, so I think it's more fair that I'm a last resort type.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I got an email on this from another member tonight. (Technically, yesterday.) Can someone please send me an e-mail explaining, in detail, how these things work? I've NEVER been in any of this fantasy league stuff. And are we playing for bragging rights and the ability to be obnoxious and in-your-face to our fellow competitors, or is money involved?

BHN

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   
No money is involved... when I have a few minutes later, I'll either post a mini-walkthrough or find a site that will explain it all.

That is, if noone else helps you first. It's not too complicated. And this is the first league I've created myself, so I kinda feel like a newbie too. And the trophy in my sig is what I got from winning our last ESPN League 2 years ago. It's gettin to be a burden and I want to pass the torch... or re-earn it.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaseballHistoryNut
I got an email on this from another member tonight. (Technically, yesterday.) Can someone please send me an e-mail explaining, in detail, how these things work? I've NEVER been in any of this fantasy league stuff. And are we playing for bragging rights and the ability to be obnoxious and in-your-face to our fellow competitors, or is money involved?

BHN

I'm working on a basic explanation for Fantasy football, it will go in the advice thread I started, I hope to have at least the first installment up later tonight, but if you have specific questions, go on that thread and ask. Here's a link to that thread:

Fantasy Football advice thread

TRD

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Count me in on a place, i'll have to try to find out my espn name and pass, been so long...

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Since I haven't done the ESPN thing before I have a question... My friend said all I have to do is give people the url to the league, and that they can sign up for the league from there... is that how it works?

TRD

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
If i remember rightly thats how you do it if they havnt registered on there...

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
i am not too keen with the ESPN fantasy leagues
i really am comfortable with the YAHOO Leagues

not bragging but i am consistantly in the top 10% of teams for the last 8 years on YAHOO

anyone in YAHOO SPORTS...FANTASY FOOTBALL ??

here---i am musivick@29577: football.fantasysports.yahoo.com...
edit on 27-11-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

I made it into the Playoff at Yahoo Fantasy Football...

you had to win your League to enter the Champion-of-Champions- Contest

for the wild-card weekend games here is the players I have chosen to score fantasy points for my entry

(remember this extended play is by invite only from YAHOO FANTASY SPORTS

QBBen Roethlisberger
RBGiovani Bernard
RBPierre Thomas
WRAntonio Brown
WRMohamed Sanu
WRDeSean Jackson
TEJordan Reed
FLEXDeAndre Hopkins
DEFCincinnati Bengals

the quarterfinal games start Sat 10 Jan
I chose these players because of the price limits set forth, some are #1 team some are 2nd-3rd string guys

I dismissed the Vegas bookmakers picks/favorites/winners/spread... mostly because the Wild Card Games are the most exciting where a wanna-be comes through with a 30 point performance

if I make the 20,000 winners cut... next weeks playoffs will be limited to the best 2.000 top points getters... until a winner CHAMPION is found

my Team (Musi's Neat Team Yahoo Public 365023) was picked to place 8th on Draft Day. I won the league championship by some 20 points over the Faorite & league leader #1 team all season long until the playoffs

(note--- I had 6 total Yahoo Teams for the season. I finished 1st-3rd-3rd-5th-7th-8th in 10 team leagues...)

enjoy life guys

edit on th31145226046808412016 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

update on my team members:

QBBen Roethlisberger got knocked out of game for some of 3rd-4th quarter
RBGiovani Bernard got a severe looking concussion
RBPierre Thomas
WRAntonio Brown Bryant was big Bens go-to guy not Brown
WRMohamed Sanu did not come to play, AC Green did not exit game as expected
WRDeSean Jackson
TEJordan Reed
FLEXDeAndre Hopkins they kept the QB in for 4 interceptions & like 7 turnovers so Hopkins got nubbed
DEFCincinnati Bengals KC Chiefs got some 26 points on DEF, Sin-sin got 6 points

I am 88,888th on list... I still got 3 players to go with a projected 39 points but i'm hoping for about 60 points by the redskins players on my squad

Knile Davis got 16.6 points on the opening KO for a TD... the TOP scorer for the day... excluding e KC defense

that's the kind of exceptional play that wild-card playoffs have, you just have to pick real luckily !

3rd & 4th tier RBs were the point getters for Pitt & Cinncinn & Texas...he Chiefs had no monster pointers because they play by committee not individual stardom

every one of my Saturday game day team were UNDER ACHIEVERS !

edit on th31145245101510362016 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on th31145245105310372016 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join