It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fantasy: Sportztawk Fantasy Football 2006

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
OK, with some banter started on the Advice Thread (Click Here) (oh yeah, and feel free to give me advice,
), I thought we shoudl start talking about a Fantasy Football League for 2006.

Several of us are interested, but I would think there are a couple details to work out before we get started. Such as, I remember in the past, Ben had spent the money for running the league through ESPN. Is that something we'd like to continue, or would setting it up in Yahoo (for free) be good enough?

Do we want to include defensive players, or just go with a regular offensive lineup?

What can we give the winner of this thing?

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
A Yahoo would be good enough but...

i can see the ESPN fantasy League as an opportunity to get new members here. I know I could find some people on the MySpace to come join. Couldn't we have like 20 teams last time? That leaves about 10 spots open or so, I think. i think this would be great to boost membership... even if we had two leagues... maybe not two ESPN, but a Yahoo League for the beginner players, but still offer some sort of small reward, and then have the ESPN one for us experienced players.

I'm not sure what we could use as a prize, I liked my Virtual Trophy good enough. but if we want to attract people, we may want to get something materialistic, preferrably something better than a cap and t-shirt.

As for the set-up of it, I think we should make it the same way we did last time around. i think that worked out really well. hopefully i don't get the same team though, because that was a complete fluke.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I've played the free yahoo leagues for a couple years and don't have any complaints. I don't really care if we have defensive players or not either, the only one that irked me was the scoring on missed field goals, in one game i had a kicker that tried 3 fifty yarders that missed in the last quarter and that was a hefty -15 points.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Doesn't matter to me, let's get it on. :party-smiley-018:

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
OK i went ahead and got the league started, if you're interested let me know in a U2U and i'll get ya the pertinant info. It's a yahoo league, i went with defence and pretty liberal scoring. the draft is set for a live one August 19 and noon central time, it's a saturday, if you can't be there you can prerank your draft list.

[Edited on 7-11-2006 by aegis fang]

TRD

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I dont care what league we play in, just bring it on!!!

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I should add, that anyone can play, whether you're new or an established member. Actually we'd really like some new faces to play, it may get you to stick around a while. we're really not that bad of people, and don't bite, hard. i have room for 20 and if interest is really good we can get 2 going.

TRD

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I got the info, i'll sign up a bit later, been a bit busy.. I'll see if some of the others guys want in...

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
MINNGGGGG!!!!

We await your arrival.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by truenorth
MINNGGGGG!!!!

We await your arrival.

LOL!!

I bet he picks Tom Brady #1 overall...

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
BTW, thanks for the u2u, aegis

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Bump, anyone else want in on this? I know we've got a while yet but you know what they say about the early bird.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I'll be signing up my team sometime late next week. My DSL gets hooked up Wednesday, so I'll sign up then when I'll be online more often.

Ben

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I just sent aegis a u2u, so ill be in this event for sure.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   
You will all bow down to the great Gibbsy when ths is said and done.!

Wait, I thought I was ming there for a second

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I am definately up for this.

TRD

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
My team is registered so im good to go!

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
BUMP

Any more interest out there?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
We need more people, as of right now we have 5, we need an even number to have a draft, so come on anyone can play. i have room for 20 teams, and we can always start another if we get lots of interest. All you new guys feel free to play, it's a great way to get to know the rest of us.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by aegis fang
We need more people, as of right now we have 5, we need an even number to have a draft, so come on anyone can play. i have room for 20 teams, and we can always start another if we get lots of interest. All you new guys feel free to play, it's a great way to get to know the rest of us.

Maybe they dont' want to get to know us, lol!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join