It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fantasy: fantasy football - too early?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Just wondering when you all start getting ready for the fantasy season. I was offered a trade in my keeper league today, I didn't even remember all the players on my team.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
o fcourse it is too early to start trading football players, you must wait till at least the baseball all star break, there is no telling who or how many of these guys will end up in the big house before the season starts....especially if they play for "you know who"

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I'm gonna agree with TJ, you have to at least wait till the All Star break in MLB before you start talking NFL. I'll give you this advise for your keeper league though, if you've got Ontareo Smith from the Vikings trade him to whomever will take him.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Here's the trade offer he sent -

Anway, I'm shopping Mewelde Moore to a few guys weak at RB. O. Smith is out for the year and Bennett never plays a whole season. Moore is a likely starter and if you remember had a great outing in the games he started last year. He's really the only trade bait I have other than draft pics.

Would you be interested in making a Vikings for Vinkings trade in Moore and Nate Burleson? Actually you've got a nice set of WRs, any of which I'd be intersted in.

My other receivers include Antwon Randle El, Todd Pinkston, Jonathan Carter, James Thrash, Darrell Jackson, Larry Fitzgerald, Mushin Muhammed, and Charles Lee.

Any suggestions?

I'm thinking that I might swing the deal for either Randle El or Jackson.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
is clueless here allowed to join even if she doesnt know anything about american football??

TRD

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I'd take Moore if he is going to be a starter, this guy has pace and is very tricky on his feet. Can put up big yardage and is a definate TD target.. I would go for one of the ones you said, maybe Jackson...

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Oh yeah, you're definately invited when we get our league together, it'll be fun teaching you about the game!

This is about a league that I have with some of my boys back home.

TRD

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Cool Dilly, more the merrier!

We will be doing the UK Footy aswell..

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
now that i can be competitive in
hehe i did one at work online and came top 10 out of about 30 so it wil be better then my current wooden spoon positon in fantasy racing

TRD

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Not bad at all... We have only done it once on here, but i'm hunting around for some online version ( i got a few in mind we could do) as last time i did all the stats myself..

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
an online one with a sportztawk league would be good, im sure it would generate interest

TRD

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Well Yahoo do one but i don't like the way they do it, so i'm looking around..

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
Here's the trade offer he sent -

Anway, I'm shopping Mewelde Moore to a few guys weak at RB. O. Smith is out for the year and Bennett never plays a whole season. Moore is a likely starter and if you remember had a great outing in the games he started last year. He's really the only trade bait I have other than draft pics.

Would you be interested in making a Vikings for Vinkings trade in Moore and Nate Burleson? Actually you've got a nice set of WRs, any of which I'd be intersted in.

My other receivers include Antwon Randle El, Todd Pinkston, Jonathan Carter, James Thrash, Darrell Jackson, Larry Fitzgerald, Mushin Muhammed, and Charles Lee.

Any suggestions?

I'm thinking that I might swing the deal for either Randle El or Jackson.

Any other suggestions?

TRD

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I gave one Gibbs... Moore for Jackson... As long as Moore is a guarenteed starter...

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
I gave one Gibbs... Moore for Jackson... As long as Moore is a guarenteed starter...

Yeah, thanks man, I'm wondering what anyone else might think, too.

I'm intruiged by Moore, but it is kind of an unknown what's gonna happen in Minnesota this season.

I'm trying to get a feel for what would be fair market value...

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
no other suggestions?

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I'd see if he'd take Pinkston, I doubt he'd start at most Division 1 schools.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
I'd see if he'd take Pinkston, I doubt he'd start at most Division 1 schools.

Yeah, but I don't want to take advantage of Adam like that.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!

Yeah, but I don't want to take advantage of Adam like that.

Maybe you missed this year's motto..........

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
That's awesome, they really had that up there?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join