It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fantasy: SPORTZTAWK FANTASY BASEBALL 2005 IS HERE !!!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I was bottom for ages, now i'm climbing up. Thing is, with the format it will most prob be like that for a while. If you look at the standings some of the columns are pretty close, only a few hits, rbi's ect apart.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I seem to be stuck in 3rd, though thats not too bad of a place to be stuck...

TRD

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Some of my bats are sucking large at the moment, they should be doing much better and need to get out of the slump. If you look at the standings, most of the columns there is not much in it..

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
We are one month into the season, though.

TRD

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
We are one month into the season, though.

So what are you saying? Plenty of time left for them to get it together..

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I'm jus thinking that the standings are getting settled a bit. I don't know, I never tried my hand at rotisseri baseball before, and I'm not the biggest baseball fan out there, either.

TRD

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Settled? You have to be kidding... Take a look at the standings and each column, most teams are only so many behind each other, so a good couple of days and you could pick up 20-30 points no problem. If some of your players hit a mini slump you could be bottom in the space of a week...

Most of my players are doing ok, just 3 or 4 of them are in slumps and im not that far behind in the columns so i could catch up real quick when they start hitting. Forget the points total on the main page that doesn't meant that much at the moment. Keep an eye on the standings for each section... hits, runs, rbis, avg ect ect..

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Yeah, that's where I've been checking avery day, and it doesn't seem to change too drastically, maybe a big drop one day, but it seems to be overcome the nest couple of days. At least that what I've noticed.

TRD

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Ok your 40 odd points in front of me....

Your....

Runs column 4 in front of me
Hits 8
SB 6
AVG .10

Thats just a few for me and you, that can be made up in 1-2 days if your players hit a flat spot, which they will a few times in the season... If you slump for just 2-3 days in them colums i could gain 10-15 points on you no prob... Thats without every one else gaining and you dropping points. See how easy it is to drop down the ladder real quick or jump up the ladder..

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
yeah, I 've seen the swings in the points, but the overall standings seem to be pretty standard, over the course of a week, let's say.

My bats started the season blazing, and they've cooled quite a bit by now, but they are still decent, I would think. My overall points are hanging in at about 220, give or take. I don't really check out the other teams, since there is nothing that I can do about them.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Due to some great pitching form my team today, I've already picked up 9 points.

Its a looong season, thats just one month out of 6. The standings will do plenty of shuffling. Alot of hitters dont even get going until April is through for some reason, so the offense should improve and pitching might take a bit of a hit, it happens every year. Probably has something to do with the warmer air, the ball seems to carry better.

TRD

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Gibbs, you should be keeping an eye on other teams. See how quickly they are catching you ect ect and if you can change your team around to keep in front.

I've got some top players that are hitting in the low .200 and less, so i'm epecting a huge climb in the comming weeks for myself... My pitching was doing great but has took a bashing lately and ive dropped some big points in that department... Pujols was hitting .230 just over a week ago and now he is .333 so things can change real quick...

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Gibbs, you should be keeping an eye on other teams. See how quickly they are catching you ect ect and if you can change your team around to keep in front.

We can't do anything about the other teams. I just try to keep the best team that I can playing. As long as they do good, the team as a whole is doing good. and then they are above other teams.

Now, if I could get PA to bench Dontrelle or you Pujols, that would be great, but I just don't see that happening...

TRD

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
When you say you can't do anything about other teams, obviously you can't do anything about the players they are picking.

But you can do something about the columns you are lacking in. They might be doing much better than you and thats why you have to check to see how they are doing. If they are continously getting more saves that you then do something about it. As thats where i made the mistake last season, lagged behind in a few columns and never picked up players to do something about it. My batting was huge last season and i was way out in front in quite a few of the columns that i could have dropped a few players and picked up some pitchers to gain back some points. It basically cost me winning it as i finished runner up.

I noticed your low on the saves, you only have one RP getting them.. Rivera (although he should get alot) .. The other guy is getting holds that you have and that could cost you dearly come the end of the season.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Todd Jones was a good pickup TRD, with Mota heading to the DL.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I also just noticed that the Gibbstown Boomers have acquired the contract of one nyeff's uncle JT for a keg of beer and one player to be named later.

TRD

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
Todd Jones was a good pickup TRD, with Mota heading to the DL.

Hey you have to stay on top of things, i've got a big list of players to pick up. He was just one of them, he will do for 3-4 weeks untill Mota is back. I've got at least 3 more players to pick up in the next few weeks..

I was trying to educate the Gibbster!!! but i think he missed my point. Its a marathon not a sprint.....

PA, Williams was a good pick-up for you aswell. The way the Orioles are playing at the moment anyone from their team would be a good pick. Who would have thought B Roberts would be ranked no1 and leading in most things after one month of the season...

TRD

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
I also just noticed that the Gibbstown Boomers have acquired the contract of one nyeff's uncle JT for a keg of beer and one player to be named later.

Not Nyeffs Uncle....

At least he is swinging the bat better than last year..... for now.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
hey, Thome looks like he's haeding towards an injuury plagued season, I need someone at first...

TRD, looks like we're saying the same thing in different ways. I'm saying you try to get as much as you can at each statisticalspot, and if you are successful, you are ahead of the other teams.

TRD

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Yeah Gibbs thats right...

But when you havnt got players that can help you advance in certain areas, then your in trouble...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join