It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fantasy: SPORTZTAWK FANTASY BASEBALL 2005 IS HERE !!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I'm hoping to not get so many injuries like last year and like i had in the NFL. They really stuffed me and what with more teams than usual there isn't going to be so many good players to pick up...

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
the increased number of teams is why i put in extra scoring catagories this year, while the stars will be long gone, you should be able to pick up someone who will help you in one of the other stats when injuries hit your team

TRD

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Yea, i guess there is a few new things to look out for this year. It's going to be tough to win this year, i took a look at all the teams and they are all pretty good.. Some stronger on the pitching, some batting ect...

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
hope everyone has their rosters fixed as today is the opening day of BASEBALL SEASON, the real season starts tomorrow when the mariners take on the twins :party-smiley-018:

TRD

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
So we actually start tomorrow, i better do a bit of fine tuning then...

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
we actually start tonight, there is a game between the red sox an dthe evil empire to kick off the season, starts in about an hour and a half

TRD

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Hey ESPN use to do a page where they showed the box scores and who was piching for the day, they seem to have changed it... Anyone know where ya can get the daily pitchers from?

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Hey ESPN use to do a page where they showed the box scores and who was piching for the day, they seem to have changed it... Anyone know where ya can get the daily pitchers from?

www.sportsline.com...

www.sportsline.com...

TRD

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Cheers Bud, i was sweating there for a bit... I wonder why ESPN changed it?

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
the season is underway, if you go to your team and click on the stattracker it will show you haow your guys are doing in real time, it is free for a while then you have to pay for it...

Ben

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
what exactly is teh TB in the standins area.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
total bases....

TRD

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Things will be a bit up in the air for the first few days with the stats as not everyone is playing on the same day.. So things can change real quick....

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
teams will be jumping up and down the standings for the first 3 weeks or so, then we will get settled into the season

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
what exactly is teh TB in the standins area.

that would be total bases, basically every time somone touches a base you get 1, whether it be a hit, steal, reach on an error, walk what have you. you can get a total of 4 everytime you come up to bat, i'm not sure how they would score that in the case of a pinch runner. does anyone know how they do that?

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
i think that the total bases cover just the hit itself...a single would be worth 1 a gome run would be 4, i don't see anything about steals etc, here is what it says in the rules, not very clear

Total Bases (TB) = Hits + Doubles + (Triples * 2) + (Home Runs * 3)

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Total Bases (TB)
A batter is credited with one total base for each single, two total bases for each double, three total bases for each triple and four total bases for each home run. For example, if Roberto Alomar hits 127 singles, 34 doubles, 12 triples and 20 home runs, he has 311 total bases (127 + (2*34) + (3*12) + (4*20)).

florida.marlins.mlb.com...

I always thought stolen bases and walks were included as they were bases that the batter/runner earned, but apparently not.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
steals and walks would make sense to me to be included in TB but what the heck do i know, is anyone else watching Mariano Rivera throw this Red Sox game away?

Ben

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Well i was in the middle for the first couple of days but somehow i managed to drop to almost last. I dunno how that happened.

My Pitching absoultly sucks at the moment, i was hoping that would be the one that would get me by but not at the moment, i only have one win out of everybody pitching so far. Hmmmmmm

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
HA! A 44 point jump in one day!!!

I understand that this is very likely to change, and quickly though, as we get into the heart of the season...

But it's nice being in striking distance of first place...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join