It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fantasy: fantasy baseball...a poll

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The problem with a live draft is that last time about 5 people turned up out of 20 and the times before that people never turned up. Its difficult to get everyone on at the same time and people complain about there teams afterwards. So if we do a computer draft or whatever it is then its all equal...

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
that is pretty much along the lines of what i have been thinking, if we did a computer draft the teams would start out about equal and then players could tinker with their teams with free agents and trades for their favorites.....my next question is what do people think about the games played limitations???? personally like them, it makes you manage your team and play the best players instead of just putting people in the lineup at will....this is certainly open for discussion and again i think we should go with the majority

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I like the games played limitation, too. Of course, I'll probably mess that up, but it does make it interesting.

TRD

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Limitations? What do you mean?

The usual format is ok isn't it where you just pick your team from the players you have every game?

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I still think having a computer draft somewhat defeats the purpose. It's not nearly as fun to manage a team that was just handed to you as opposed to picking a team yourself. Not to mention that most people have players that they like and would like to have on their team, regardless if someone better is available.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
with the limits on the number of games played you have 162 games per position, your shortstop for example can only play that many games that count for your team, so if you have 3 ss's on your team you have to pick which one you want to go with, with the outfielders you would have 162x3 or 486 games to decide who you want to play, i believe with the pitchers they base it on a 4 or 5 man staff, makes for a lot more managing in my opinion

TRD

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Hrmm thats too much, i think we should stick to what we usually do..

Its hard enough as it is without making it more complicated lol!

Me i don't mind having a live draft but not if everyone can't make it. People will only complain about the players they have after the draft.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
the limits per position work a lot like the stock car racing game does. but you are right, since we have members around the world simpler is better

TRD

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Have we got a number on how many people are doing it?

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
no idea yet, yahoo doesn't even have the game posted....and there may not even be any free games this year depending on the implications of this lawsuit, hopefully there will be and it will be up soon

www.sportztawk.com...

TRD

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Thats a joke, thats why so many people play them as they are free. Sounds like they are trying to make money off the free online fantasy games..

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
i don't even pretend to understand the legalize involved but that is what it sounds like to me, baseball needs to expand it's fan base not cut it off at the knees....here is another take on the subject, this one is a bit more optimistic mentioning logos and pics, these are bells and whistles to me, what matters are the names and numbers

www.baseballmusings.com...

TRD

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Yep Toejam i just read that article.

Well if they do stop them then i guess we will have to do our own like we did before.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
it will be a sad day when greed once again overcomes common sense and they do away with free fantasy games, if yahoo isn't going to do one this year i have my eye on a few others that we can look at...we WILL have a league this year one way or another

top topics

<< 1   >>

join