It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fantasy: fantasy baseball...a poll

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
before you know it, it will be time for fantasy baseball and of course we will have a league here at sportztawk, last year we did a live draft and it went real well, with the increased membership and the amount of interest the other fantasy leagues have had since last summer i am wondering if we wouldn't be better off with a computer draft this year. i expect a big increase in the number of teams for the coming season, with the computer draft we would not all have to be on line at the same time and would all start out with fairly equal teams, my questions are, how many want to get in the game when it starts, and also what kind of draft do you guys want to have? :loudhorn:

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I'm definatley in. As for the draft method, I don't really care, but I'd prefer a computer draft.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by GiantsFan
I'm definatley in. As for the draft method, I don't really care, but I'd prefer a computer draft.

ditto, on both counts

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Count me in too:sport-smiley-019:

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
you know i'm there, and the computer draft sounds good to me since i haven't made it to a live draft yet in all the fantasy leagues i've been in, i'll take any advantage i can get.

TRD

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Can someone explain what a computer draft is...

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Can someone explain what a computer draft is...

if i'm not mistaken, it means that you have zero input on who gets drafted to your team. it ranks players by hits, runs, singles, doubles, triples, home runs, shoe size, hair length, etc. then it randomly chooses where you will be in the draft order and just goes down the list. this of course is just a guess, it could be they have a little hampster that picks the players for you depending on how many times it can spin that little wheel in 10 seconds.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
what they do is rank players by position, then select a draft order, in a 9 team league each team would get one player ranked #1 at his postion, i believe they do it in a snake order and dole out all the players that way, this takes a lot of the fun out of doing your own draft, but is fairer if not all the players can make the live draft on line,,,if we get enough interest i we might look at doing a league each way

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
just wanted to bump this thread back up a bit and get some more feeback from you guys

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I'm actually opposed to a computer draft. I think half the fun of playing is putting together a team yourself and seeing how they do.

Of course whatever you guys decide is fine with me.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   
unless they have change the rules you are allowed to have 3 yahoo leagues, if there were enough interest i wouldn't be opposed to haveing a draft league and a computer league, i usually have 5 or 6 baseball teams going in various leagues anyway, any opinions on that idea?

[Edited on 2/8/2005 by toejam]

Ben

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Im always in

TRD

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I'll go with the majority...

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
just point me in the right direction and i'll walk on in, sort of like a beer, open one up and put it in front of me and i'll drink it, it doesn't matter what kind it is.

Ben

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
i personally would rather have a live draft. I think its a little better, especially if we can get almost everybody there because, the selections arnt that predicatable, and everybody has different players they want and such things like that.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Im easy go with the flow

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I would rather not have a live draft as i havn't made one yet.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Speedfreak
I would rather not have a live draft as i havn't made one yet.

I have to agree here, I'd prefer a live draft, but it's hard enough to get everyone's schedule together when most people live close by, let alone when we span the globe and multiple time zones

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I'm in for the fantasy baseball, and I like the computer draft. I would also like an apple pie with that.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
and a hot dog, and a chevrolet...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join