Fantasy: IT'S HERE....SPORTZTAWK FANTASY STOCK CAR RACING II

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
TRD

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Hey i hope not PA....

Its about time everyone got a challenge in on ya, we cant have you winning all the time...

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
i still count 11 teams entered so far, gibbs...i sent you a u2u with the info, let me know if you don't get it

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Daytona Countdown: '71
Petty takes advantage of Foyt's misfortune to claim checkered flag
By Mark Aumann, NASCAR.COM
January 14, 2005
02:33 PM EST (19:33 GMT)

When A.J. Foyt ran out of gas, Richard Petty was there to take his third victory in the 13th Daytona 500 on Feb. 14, 1971.

Ford unveiled the Pinto for the 1971 model year. A 1971 Ford Pinto two-door sedan was listed at $1,919. Petty would have been able to afford 23 Pintos with the first-place check of $45,450.

On July 31, Apollo 15 astronauts take the new Lunar Rover for a spin on the moon's surface. With a maximum sustained speed of 10 mph and a price tag of $9 million each, Petty could have purchased less than a half-percent of a Rover with his winnings.

Lynn Anderson had the No. 2 song in the country with "Rose Garden," right behind "One Bad Apple" by The Osmonds. President Nixon's daughter, Tricia, married Edward Cox in the White House Rose Garden on June 12.

If Petty had wanted to attend the wedding, he could have made the 322-mile drive from Level Cross, N.C. to Washington, D.C. in about six and a half hours in the Pinto, or two hours and 14 minutes in his high-flying Plymouth, which averaged 144.462 mph.

An earthquake with a magnitude of 6.4 on the Richter scale hit California's San Fernando Valley on Feb. 9. Satchel Paige became the first Negro Leaguer inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame on that day as well.

A new stock market index debuted on Feb. 8 -- the NASDAQ. The heavily-high tech NASDAQ Composite began with a base of 100. If Petty had been able to invest his winnings in the NASDAQ Composite in 1971, that $45,450 would now be worth about $952,000.

Amtrak began intercity rail passenger service on May 1.

On July 5, President Nixon formally certified the 26th amendment to the U.S. Constitution, which lowered the voting age to 18. Petty's son, Kyle, was 18 when he won the 1979 ARCA 200 at Daytona in his first stock-car race. "All In The Family" was the No. 1 rated television show in 1971.

On July 16, officials determined that the world's four billionth baby was born. On Oct. 1, Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom opened in Kissimmee, Fla. If the Magic Kingdom has averaged 14 million guests a year since its opening, a total of about 462 million have visited the amusement park.

Computer engineer Ray Tomlinson invented Internet based e-mail in 1971. Tomlinson chose the @ symbol to tell which user was "at" what computer. The @ went between the user's login name and the name of the host computer.

The first e-mail was sent between two computers that were next to each other. The first e-mail message was "QWERTYUIOP."

The first spam e-mail was believed to have been sent in 1978 to announce the introduction of a new DEC computer.

Current drivers born in 1971:

Kelly Sutton (Sept. 24)

Jeff Gordon (Aug. 4)

Scott Riggs (Jan. 1)

Tony Stewart (May 20)

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
gibbs, have you gotten the u2u that i sent you with the info?

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
OK, I go the u2u. I will make PA eat my burnt rubber...

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
I will make PA eat my burnt rubber...

Sure. Put it on a plate, you'll find me in the Winner's Circle.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Joe Gibbs Racing is officially on the board.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
Joe Gibbs Racing is officially on the board.

That name rings a bell for some reason.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I kinda liked the way it sounded...

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
the season is getting closer!!!!!

NASCAR TV Schedule Set

RacingOne Report

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – NASCAR and its television partners today announced the full 2005 broadcast schedules, including an unprecedented 38 prime-time races, live coverage of all 99 events from the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series, NASCAR Busch Series and NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series and the first NASCAR-sanctioned points race in Mexico.

The upcoming season will mark the fifth year of NASCAR’s successful partnership with NBC, TNT, FOX, FX and SPEED Channel. Since the partnership was established in 2001, the total number of households tuning in to NASCAR events has increased each year.

According to Nielsen Media Research, 196 million households tuned in to watch NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series events in 2004, a 2% increase from the previous year. The NASCAR Busch Series drew 52 million households in 2004, up 8% from 2003. The NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series had 10.5 million households, a 22% jump over the 2003 mark.

FOX will kick off the 2005 NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series season with the broadcast of the 47th annual Daytona 500 beginning at 1 p.m. (ET) on Feb. 20. FOX and FX will air the first 16 NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series races as well as three non-points events. The first half of the season features five prime-time events, including a NASCAR NEXTEL Cup race on Mother’s Day weekend. Broadcast of that race, the Carolina Dodge Dealers 500 on Saturday, May 7 at historic Darlington Raceway, begins at 7 p.m. (ET) on FOX.
NBC and TNT will begin their second-half coverage with the Pepsi 400 from Daytona International Speedway on July 2 at 7 p.m. (ET). The action will continue to build to race No. 26, the cutoff for drivers to qualify for the “Chase for the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup.” That race, the Chevy Rock & Roll 400 at Richmond International Raceway, will air Sept. 10 at 7 p.m. (ET) on TNT.

Texas Motor Speedway will host its first Chase race Nov. 6; the broadcast starts at 3 p.m. (ET). The season ends with the Ford 400 on Nov. 20 at Homestead-Miami Speedway.

The NASCAR Busch Series will be broadcast via a split schedule with FOX and FX during the first half of the season, and NBC and TNT during the second half. FOX’s season begins with the Hershey’s TAKE 5 300 at Daytona International Speedway on Feb. 19 at 1 p.m. (ET). FOX also will broadcast the first NASCAR Busch Series points race held outside the United States. On March 6, the NASCAR Busch Series will be in Mexico City for the Mexico 200 at the famed Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez road course, with the broadcast beginning at 3 p.m. (ET).

NBC and its cable partner, TNT, broadcast their first NASCAR Busch Series race on July 1 from Daytona International Speedway. The Winn-Dixie 250 presented by PepsiCo is scheduled for a 7:30 p.m. (ET) start on TNT.

NBC also will cover the return of the NASCAR Busch Series to Watkins Glen International for the first time since 2001, on Aug. 13, starting at 2 p.m.

The 2005 NASCAR Busch Series season will end on Nov. 19 as part of Ford Championship Weekend at Homestead-Miami Speedway. The season finale will be broadcast on NBC.

For the third consecutive season, SPEED Channel is the exclusive home of the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series. The season-opening race at Daytona International Speedway, the Florida Dodge Dealers 250, will be the first of 16 prime-time races. It airs Feb. 18 at 8 p.m. (ET). Atlanta Motor Speedway, one of three tracks to host a pair of events in 2005, will shift its March 18 World Financial Group 200 from afternoon to a start of 9 p.m. Texas Motor Speedway’s Silverado 350K on Nov. 4 will be held at night – 9 p.m. (ET) – as it was from 1999 to 2001

TRD

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
C'mon sign up for Fantasy Nascar!!!

When does it actually start?

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
the first race that counts for the fantasy league is feb 20, the non points races before that do not count

TRD

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Cool, thanks...

Will be looking forward to it...

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Ok not so loud...

Wheres my invite then?

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
welcome back termy...you should have a u2u by now, let me know if you have any problems or don't get it

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Thank you Mr Toejam u2u recieved and signed up. Exterminators are back in business..

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
glad to have you back on board this year....that makes 13 teams signed up so far. can we double th eamount of teams we had last year?

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
How many of us was there last time Mr Toejam?

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
as i remember we had 8 teams last year, so only 3 more to go and we will double that

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
That would be very excellent Mr Toejam, would make it very competitive if there is that amount.

And how is that lovely wife of yours? Keeping you on your toe's i hope!

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join