It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fantasy: Fantasy Football Idea!!!

page: 1

join
share:
Ben

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Ok so if there is a way to have a new draft online. but not with espn with SportzTawk. Have a draft here on SportzTawk somehow, and do it all the way we wanna do it.

Who would want to do this? Is there anybody that unhappy with there team? I know there are problems i dunno what is going on at all. Im trying my best here.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I don't mind my team but I'm up for whatever works for everybody.

Ben

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
If we are going to end up doing something we need to do it next week at some point. Im happy with my team as it stands.

But i know there might be some happy people out there with there teams. So lets here some opinions on things here.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Maybe if they don't want to say so on the board they could u2u you, Ben?

Ben

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Yea good idea Truenorth....

I noticed on the other thread that PA was saying he lost players i can easily add those players for him if he needs that.

Ben

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Im sorry to all that have problems with this, and if somebody was dropped that un-intentional or anything or if you dropped him by accident let me know and i will fix it. Im doing by best here guys.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 05:32 AM
link   
if anyone is using a mouse with a wheel it is real easy to drop players accidently, the bench, start, drop thingie moves if you scroll down the page with the wheel...i am willing to go with whatever the rest of you guys want at this point....ben, if you can get your money back we could set up a yahoo league for free, redraft, and have our league set up and ready to go in a few days

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I have certainly not got the side i wanted but ain't that the way the cookie crumbles stop whinging and just get on with it

your doing a great job Ben

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I don't really care one way or the other, my team isn't perfect, but I've been working on some additions/subtractions to get myself a complete lineup. If there are others who want to re-draft, though, I'm willing to do so.

TRD

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
I don't really care one way or the other, my team isn't perfect, but I've been working on some additions/subtractions to get myself a complete lineup. If there are others who want to re-draft, though, I'm willing to do so.

What is a re-draft going to solve?

You'll still end up with a few decent players and the rest not so good. There is 20 teams and not enough decent players. If everyone grabs 4 WR's each thats 80. There is NOT 80 decent WR's in the NFL.

Half of the people wouldnt turn up, there was only 4 of us in the draft room. If you pre ranked your players you could end up with a worse team like most did as all the top 80 players went in the first 2 rounds. That pre-draft list has TE's, LB's, Kickers and HC's ranked in the top 80 -100 so you would still end up short of say WR's and that.

If you check the To all fantasy mangers thread you'll see my take on it and i think i don't have that great a team and you'll see why if you read it.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
If you check the To all fantasy mangers thread you'll see my take on it and i think i don't have that great a team and you'll see why if you read it.

I'm with you 100% on why we don't have star-studed teams, but if there are others who don't agree, we could possibly do something through this site.

Ben

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD

TRD makes a very good point in this thread. We might end up with different players on our team but its going to be the same situation.

TRD

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
See last season there was alot less teams in the league and we was spoilt for choice on the players, i picked up Dominic Davies off FA last season plus others picked up great players that we would consider now top picks.

Thats the difference, we could have had less teams and there would have been enough top players to go around.

But we have quite a unique situation, if you look at every teams predicted points for there players and what they scored last year EVERY team is pretty evenly matched. It is going to be hard to pick a winner, no team really stands out. And if players get injured this is where the real fantasy manger will come into action with trades and picking up players off the FA....

I think it's great as to win it you are going to have to actually do some work. No one has a pat team where the players pick themselves. Your going to have to be a real coach and know your stuff.....

As a novice i demand that you all give me one of your best players so i stand a chance....

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
agreed, with twenty teams i was only planning on getting 2 maybe 3 good players, but what still burns my nads is that i can't drop Ricki Williams. ESPN was a no responder to my email. bastards.

Ben

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
let me see if i can drop him for ya man

Ben

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by aegis fang
agreed, with twenty teams i was only planning on getting 2 maybe 3 good players, but what still burns my nads is that i can't drop Ricki Williams. ESPN was a no responder to my email. bastards.

he is off your hands now

new topics

top topics

join