It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fantasy: TO ALL FANTASY OWNERS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
Ben

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
There were a lot of problems that occured in this past sunday's draft. Many teams are left with literaly no WR's or Rb's and some have no Qb's at all. The pre-ranking system screwed everything up in this draft. I have a setting that i can make the draft reset. And i think this could be a good idea and i will try to decrease the size of the league down to 2 rb's and 2 wr's instead of 3 wr's and a utlitiy.

Let me hear what you think

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Was there a setting that would set the order you would pick up a position? For instance, I had no LBs, DBs, DPs, or Ks. Now I did not see too many with high numbers, so it does not bother me much.

But is there a way to say: In the first round I want a QB. In the 2nd RB, 3rd WR, 4th TE, 5th LB, 6th DB, etc etc etc?

I have no problems, though I did end up with Peyton Manning. Its going to be hard to part with him.

TRD

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Well i think the draft should stay as it is as many teams have 4 or 5 decent players.

All the defensive positions are easy to sort as many teams have way too many off them and you just drop all the excess ones to waivers so everyone who hasn't got them can pick them up. Some teams have like over 10 of them to fill 4 positions so they could drop 4 easy enough. I think there has been loads dropped already.

As for teams with no WR's and stuff we are working on that and two teams may drop out and the players evenly given out to teams that have no Wr's, QB's and RB's.....They wont get all of there positions filled and will have to pick up maybe one off waivers or try to trade.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
i have no TE...my vote is to redraft...

Ben

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Like i said to TRD< we need everybody to drop the players on defense as we are doing our best to work everything out. im going to be doing a lot of player swithing on waivers and scuh to teams so we can work things out. I ahve dropped players already and put them on teams who need them.

The only way we are getting a re-draft is if the redraft votes are more than the non draft

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Alright, I got most of the defensive players dropped.

Ben

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Guys look at your rosters some of you who really needed help have gotten it, The bIlls as joinging my team and termy is joining trd.

We have even out the teams as best as we could

PA- Moe Williams
Titans- Eric Moulds
Cheeseheads- Joe Horn, Tatum bell, Hines Ward
Texas- Farve
Team 16- Reggie wayne
Outlaw- peter warrick
Aegis- Henry
17- McNabb, Rob smith
Essex- Hasselback

TRD

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by toejam
i have no TE...my vote is to redraft...

You have to get one off the waivers list or trade with someone for a TE. There is plenty of them on the waivers list......

Ben

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I think that trd and i did the best job that we could with getting everbody on the same level. We spent about 4 or 5 hours working on things and tyring to get everything perfect. And we did the best that we could. Looking at the waivers there are plents of players and everybody from now on is going tohave the same probalmes.

Make sure you check your shedcule to make sure you arnt playing the same person twice.

TRD

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Its up to you all now as managers/coaches of your teams!

Take a look around, look at the players on waivers in the various positions and see if they are better than some you have, especially in the defence department. Just click on the claim and as long as you have spaces on your bench you will be able to get them (it takes 1 -2 days to go through) If you have no Bench spaces left them maybe drop a player you don't need to get the one you want.

It's all about managing your team, maybe you want to be shrewd and try to trade with another team.

So get out there a be the best coach you can and may the best coach win....

TRD

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Oh just wanted to add if you are really having trouble on working out how to pick up players from waivers. Send Ben a u2u on what players you wish to get from waivers and as long as no one else has made claim to the players he will sort it out for you.

If someone has put a claim in for the same player the person with the lowest waivers rating will get that player.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I just now got my internet back up... I've been offline since Saturday morning and just saw my roster. Not the best in the world, but oh well. I had to pick up 6 or 7 players, but i don't think I should do too bad. This is my first Fantasy Football thing, so I don't expect to do to bad... but I won't finish last.

Ben

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
You should have seen your team before trd and i fixed it it was aweful man.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I bet...I tried everywhere to try and get on to do the live draft, but couldn't.. Thanks for the changes.

Ben

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
No problem man, i tried to help everybody a little bit as it was hard to get everybody on the same level. We did the best that we could do. There are 18 teams out there and if nobody shows up for some teams it oculd be less.

Just try your best guys, i think we are all in the same boat.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben

Make sure you check your shedcule to make sure you arnt playing the same person twice.

It has me playing the Islanders twice.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Dragons = Wk 9 and Wk14
Answers = Wk1 and Wk11
Playing these 2 twice

Ben

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I did the best that i can with changing the schedule around and everyhting like that.

But because there are 20 teams and we are only ended up playing 18 it changes a lot of things ,a nd we are going to have play somebody twice.

Look at your schedule and make sure you arnt playing 2 teams twice that is all. If you are playing one team twice its ok but 2 isnt. Let me know about that.

Im sorry about all the problems that is going on with this, and im working my best ot make sure that everything is going to be the best hat it can be.

[Edited on 8/24/2004 by Ben]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Don't sweat it Ben, you're doing a great job. Most of us are just happy to get to play without shelling out 40 bucks to come in last. too me Fantasy leagues make the games more exciting to sit down and watch a game that i wouldn't normally watch since i don't really like the teams, but with Fantasy leagues i can enjoy a game i wouldn't normally watch. again thanks for letting us play.

Ben

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Its no problem with letting you play at all. I enjoyed the fantasy football league so much that i wanted to do it again and with more members here i knew it was gonig to be more exicting.

Last season i caught myself uploading scores of my players on my cell phone if i wasnt around the tv just to see how my players did. It was kindof sad. But i enjoyed it so much and im looking forward to this season as it is going to be muhc much closer for everybody.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join