It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fantasy: (ESPN) Fantasy Football

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Ady yeah i dunno why they have done it like that, how they going to determine the winner of the consolation?

Yep Ben me and you yet again its about time you beat me this time around...

Yea Congrats to the finalists may the best man win!!!

Ben

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
ill have a look at the consolation and have a go to see how wins it

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
i have my lineup set for the big game and i am going to dance with the guys who got me here, it's hard to make a decision this week on who to play with all the meaningless games in the league, don't know who the coaches will play and who they will sit out....good luck cheeseheads, whoever wins it has been a great season and should be an interesting championship game

TRD

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Yeah toejam thats what stuffed me, players have been available and not playing. Well ive only lost 4 games all season so far (12-4), i can't win the title but it could end up the best record if i win again this week lol!!

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
2004 SportzTawk Fantasy Bowl

Anacortes Titans vs. Green Bay CheeseHeads

Spread: Pick'em

Analysis: No doubt that teams with playoff spots secured will rest their starters and have an impact on the final game of the fantasy football season. However both teams have players that are on teams fighting for their playoff lives so these players should be motivated to put up even better numbers than usual.

The CheeseHeads have 3 Saints in key positions, Brooks, McAllister, and Horn, and they are in a must-win situation against a very tough Carolina team. Tatum Bell should have success against a weak Indy defense but Boldin could struggle against the top-ranked Bucs pass defense. Hines Ward could be one of those players that get a little breather in week 17.

The Titans have QB Bledsoe, RB Faulk, and WR Muhammed all in must-win games and could see good production from this trio. Rudi Johnson could have a field day against an Eagles D that struggles vs the run and again will be resting key players. Stokely might be the lucky recepient of #50 from Peyton as well, but again, I doubt we'll see these guys after halftime. Thompson faces an extremly tough Raven D and Jerrry Porter could be in for a big game vs the Jags as the Raiders will probably be playing catch-up.

I know the rosters are subject to change as it's only Saturday night but regardless this should be an extremely close championship. Good luck to both teams.

TRD

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Great stuff PA!

Well looking at both the teams it will be a close one.

You gotta like Toejams Texans D/ST this week against the browns. Also like ya say Mushin and Rudi will have big games...L.J. Smith, his TE could be a surprise as he is playing and the Eagles are resting a few.

The problem with the Cheeseheads is that if NO have a bad one 3 of his main players are in that side. Panthers look better against the run now but Horn could have a massive game.

Also they both don't have much depth on their bench and both could lose a player through injury. Thompson for Tj and Shockey for the CH's..

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Just wanted to say GL to ToeJam. Look forward to the Championship game. When I was looking at the game preview, it had both of our teams at a dead push. Though they do have my team by a 4.5 points. I also have NO Head Coach, so I have 4 people there. I really hope they do good against Carolina. I'm sure Horn will be used alot as this game is a must-win. I hope Shockey is ready for tomorrow, because my other TE will barely do anything to my score.

TRD

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
You could always pick some playes up off waivers plenty on there to choose from if you have room on your bench.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
and good luck to you as well GiantsFan, should be a close game, i think it will come down to who the coaches choose to sit and who will play, i am glad it will all be decided tomorrow with no monday night game to wait for

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
i had the titans in the hotel early last night as they can be a bit of a rowdy bunch if left unattended, showed them the movie "rudy" and gave them my best imitation of a vince lombardi speech...then got them into bed early, had them up this morning and fed them steak and eggs while playing a highlight film from espn....they are ready to break down the door and get it on :party-smiley-018:

TRD

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
At least we will have a new face winning one of the fantasy leagues for a change ...

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I t appears i may win the consolation bracket, whatever that gets me. The best of the worst?

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Right now I see I'm down by 5. There's alot of football left, but with 1 quarter in most games gone, It seems as though there are a lot of people on both of our teams sitting out.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
there sure are, it is a shame that the league has to be decided in a game where many of the top players are not playing, makes it real tough to pick a team to put on the field

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
getting my butt handed to me so far today

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I just got back to the house and saw our scores. I'm surprised to be in the lead. Rudi Johnson has 25 points for ya, but that's almost the only offense you've had. I'm surprised Haslett isn't in the negatives for me. He usually is. my big three NO players have 15, 15, and 19, so that's good. Hopefully my guys can keep this up.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
congrats GiantFan, looks like you will be the sportztawk fantasy football champ for this year, thanks to everyone for a good competitive fun league and especially to ben for footing the bill for this league :party-smiley-018:

TRD

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Congrats to the Cheeseheads on the victory, looks like you had the luck in the playoff games...

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Thanks to everyone and Congrats to ToeJam for a hard-fought game. I never would have thought I'd be the Champ after starting the season 2-6. I guess I went on a little luck streak and won the next 6 to enter the playoffs. Then In the playoffs i got extremely lucky with other teams injuries and such. My brother gave me an idea to use the trophy as my avatar until the next season... not sure If I want to yet, but anyways, thanks for a great and exciting season everyone. Now I just gotta focus on winning the Fantasy Basketball league.

TRD

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
You can always put the trophy in your signature or make a banner for your sig out of it. Maybe one of the guys on ATS who do the avatars can rustle a banner up for your sig....

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40 >>

join