It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fantasy: (ESPN) Fantasy Football

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Eh? what you talking about?

Espn said he was playing, so did Martz, so did the official site. They all wrong?

What i put up above your post was his actually words quoted from the tabloids. Martz said he was playing and then said he didn't even NOTICE HE WASN'T ON THE FIELD..EH? wtf is all that about?

[Edited on 21/12/04 by TRD]

TRD

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Quote from news source.......

Coach Mike Martz admitted Monday that he didn't know Jackson didn't play at all on Sunday and acted surprised about the controversy surrounding Jackson's inactivity, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports. Martz made the startling admission that he didn't really know whether Jackson was in the game against Arizona. "How can I know?" Martz asked. "How can I call plays and do all that stuff, and watch the defense? In the past, I'd say, 'Make sure that so-and-so is in there.' Or if Marshall (Faulk) came out, which he very uncharacteristically would, I see that. But I just don't concern myself with that."

As for all the negative remarks being made about Martz leaving Jackson on the bench in Sunday's critical loss, "Why Steven Jackson's an issue in not playing ... it kind of surprises me," Martz said. "It takes me back a little bit." It takes back most observers of the Rams that Martz didn't play Jackson and didn't even know Jackson was not in for a single play.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Dec 17 ESPNews reports St. Louis Rams RB Marshall Faulk (knee) will start the Week 15 game. from KFFL

As Faulk is the !st running back on the depth chart that is the reason why they played him

I am sure that comment about not knowing he had not played was tongue in cheek

TRD

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Yep i see that as i was following his status all week.

On friday night it said he was going to play (Jackson) with Faulk starting. On saturday it said they would split carrys.

He didn't step on the field.

Faulk didn't exactly ignite with 22yrds rushing either.

Something just seems a bit odd that on their official site it said they would split carrys. I spoke to Ben about this on aim for awhile and about his team, he even said its worth playing Jackson by what they said...

Anyways it doesn't matter about my team i lost...

I would like to know why he did a big u-turn (Martz) and then said what he did...

Ben

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
it happens all the time in fantasy football, with the best football team, not winning, becaue of a bad week.

TRD

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
it happens all the time in fantasy football, with the best football team, not winning, becaue of a bad week.

I'm not going on about that, i lost! It happens..

I'm not talking about fantasy football i'm talking about Martz and the Rams....

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
good close game all the way this week TRD...could easily have gone the other way, a reminder that there is a friday game this week so set your teams early

TRD

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by toejam
good close game all the way this week TRD...could easily have gone the other way, a reminder that there is a friday game this week so set your teams early

Yeah Tj it was a close one good luck in the next round!

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Hey, I would have done quite well in the actual playoffs, only 2 of ya'll woulda beat me...

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Looks like my luck is getting better still. The team I play next week has Vick on their team. Guess who's probably not playing next week? Without Vick on his team, hopefully it'ss give me a chance to win.

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Down 36-0 to Aegis Fang BUT he's played 6 positions, including quarterback, ALL of my guys go tomorrow. Game on.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by GiantsFan
Without Vick on his team, hopefully it'ss give me a chance to win.

No Freddie Taylor now either and Volek logged a big fat 2!

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
i am down 45-21 going into todays games, i have a lot of guys playing today so hopefully i will be able to play some catch up and make a game of it

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I'm poinding again in that consolation bracket...

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
well now i am down by 2 points 99-97, i still have marshal faulk left to play today so i hope he can make the difference, win or lose it has been another dog fight for the titans this week

TRD

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Well you got 3 players left to go tj so i think you'll make it through.

I got a good lead against Crayon (slackers) so it looks like i should get the win, but nothing is for certain..

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Unless the team I'm facing can get 6 or more points from their safety, looks like I beat the #1 seed. Can't wait to see who I will probably be facing next week.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 07:04 AM
link   
What a rubbish consolation play off
I won my first play off game so i thought great (not used to winning)
So i looked up who i was playing in the next round and it was a team that is not playing and obviously lost in the round before
Now i was confused
so i checked up on it and low and behold i got the other team that isn't playing in week 17
Does any of the other guys in the consolation finals not find this format a bit strange
Why dont they just have all the winners just go through to the next round as the championship does

Ben

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Looks like TRD and myself are playing each other again!

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Congrats to the CheeseHeads and the Titans for advancing to the Fantasy Super Bowl !!!

:party-smiley-018:

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join