It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fantasy: SportzTawk fantasy baseball

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Right i get ya,but how come we are using that method of scoring? was that the standard way?

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
it is the way most of the fantasy games are scored in baseball, i think the only other method that yahoo uses is a won-loss game. this rotisserie system works real well for big leagues like ours, it will level out in a bit

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
maybe this will explain the scoring better than i can

In a Rotisserie League, fantasy teams are ranked from first to last in each of several statistical categories. Points are then awarded according to the order of finish in each category, and are totalled to determine an overall score and place.
So, if you are in a 12-team league, the team with the most home runs will receive 12 points, the team with the second most will receive 11 points, etc. In the case of a tie, each team involved receives an average of the total points due -- i.e., in the above example, if two teams were tied for first in homers, each would receive 11.5 points [(12 + 11) / 2 = 11.5].

Therefore, the maximum number of points that a team can earn is equal to the number of scoring categories within a league multiplied by the number of teams in the league. Similarly, the lowest number of points that a team can earn is equal to the number of scoring categories multiplied by one, which is the lowest score that can be achieved in any category.

So, if you were playing in a league with 12 teams and 12 scoring categories, the lowest point total possible is 12 [12 * 1 = 12] and the highest is 144 [12 * 12 = 144].

Rankings within the individual scoring categories (HR, RBI, etc.) are based on the cumulative stats earned by all active players during the season and not on any individual day or game.

Therefore

Ben

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
so its standings in every category?

TRD

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Yes ben every one.

I guess as Tj say's it will even itself out after a few games or so..

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
it seems to even out the teams over the course of the season, if you have poor power but good average, teh points will even out, makes for a good competitive league in the long run

Ben

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
yea it should even out hopefully it will be less confusing in the long run

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
This could be a bit funny, but anyways i could join?

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Dunno if it is to late to join now.

Well i'm not doing to well and i hope i get the hang of it,i'm not that hot on baseball but i will do my best.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Well... I wasn't doing to well either, until yesterday... I had like 6 homers, and Piazza came up real big for me. He went 5-5 with 2 HR's and a double. Sammy isn't performing though... If he doesn't within the next week or two... I'm gonna be forced to bench him...

TRD

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
6 homers that was good!

Well things still seem to be up and down at the moment but pujol's got me 2 homers today!!

Sir

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
It's early day's but my team is doing that great..

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I don't get the scoring too much but i'm in second for now so thats all i care about lol!!!

TRD

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 06:04 AM
link   
It looks like it's levelling out a bit on the scoring and i'm still up in 3rd place..

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Well i aiming to stay where i am,you hear that sukas!!! lol

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Not to many people came up for me... Hudson pitched a CG for me though... My team usually hits a lot of HR's, 6 being hit in one day, but not a single one today... I'm okay with 7th right now ince it's the beginning of the season, but I won't be so happy if I'm still 7th with a week left in the season.

Sir

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I havn't checked to see how i'm doing but i'm hoping the Essex Boyz will be up there scrapping by the end of the season.

TRD

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Well the league seems to be settling down now with the points like some of you said earlier in the thread,well things look interesting and guess what NYEFF your below me again !!!!!

Ben

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
thats what bottom dewellers are they are usually below you

TRD

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Yep Ben lol!

Well i might be looking to trade 2 players maybe i shall have a think about it.....

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join