It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fantasy: fantasy stock car racing

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Ok i forgot to sugn up i have the details i will do it today.

Sir

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Same here i will do it today!

So you just pick your players and then everything is done for you?

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Well first off thanks to toejam for arranging this fantasy NASCAR game, should be real fun.

The following are the rules for the game, they can be found at the website but I thought I'd post them here as well in case there were any questions or anything. We have some new NASCAR fans. :tum:

____________________________________________________________________________________

Each week, before qualifying begins, you choose an eight-driver team from among three groupings of eligible drivers. Then, before the race, you will select four starting drivers for your team.

So, the challenge is not only to pick the best team race in and race out, but also to manage your team in a way that produces the highest possible fantasy score.

Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Auto Racing is a weekly game that begins with the Daytona 500 on Sunday, February 15 and runs through the Ford 400, which is scheduled to take place on Sunday, November 21.
In addition, the season will be broken down into two halves. The first half begins with the Daytona 500 (February 15) and ends with the Tropicana 400 (July 11). The second half starts with the New England 300 (July 25) and runs through the Ford 400 (November 21).

All groups will have a score column for each half of the season, as well as a third that shows the overall score earned by your team.

The game is comprised of weekly contests that begin on Monday and conclude on Sunday, unless Monday racing is required to decide a real-life race winner.

The deadline to create a team for each race is 2:00 a.m. PT on the day of qualifying.

Selecting Drivers for Your Team

Available drivers are broken into three groups -- A, B and C -- prior to the beginning of the racing season. Once in a group, a driver will not be moved at any time during the season. However, additional drivers may be entered into the game at any point during the season.
To choose or edit your team, click the Select link on your Team page for the appropriate driver grouping (A, B, or C List). You must choose an eight-man squad that includes two members from the A List, four from the B List, and two from the C List.

Select drivers by marking the boxes next to their names and clicking on the Submit Changes button. You must click the Submit Changes button or your moves will not be saved.

The deadline to make team changes for the next race is 2:00 a.m. PT on the night before qualifying. With a few exceptions, this will be Thursday night at 2:00 a.m. PT.

If you don't make any changes by this deadline, your team will remain the same for the next race.

Setting Your Active Drivers

Before each race, you must select a squad of four starting drivers via your Team page. This active group must include one driver from the A List, two from the B List, and one from the C List. The rest of your team members are reserves, who do not score fantasy points (except for qualifying bonus points) for your team.
To activate a driver, click the checkbox next to his name and then click Submit Changes button.

The deadline to change the status of a driver on your team from reserve to active is five minutes before the scheduled start of each race. If you don't make any changes, your active drivers will remain the same as they were for the prior race.

These deadlines are based on the original race schedule and don't change even if there is a delay to the start or finish of a given race.

Maximum Starts

Each driver in Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Auto Racing can be an active member of your team in no more than nine races.
For the purposes of this game, a driver must be active for a race (not during qualifying) in order to receive credit for a race started. Likewise, a driver who is on your team but stays in a reserve position during the race does not get credit for a race started.

Once a driver has reached the nine-race limit, he will no longer accumulate any fantasy points for your team even if he occupies an active roster spot. This limit does not change no matter when you join the game.

Your driver's start totals will not reset at that half-way point of the season. If you start your driver nine times during the first half of the season, he will not be eligible to earn ANY fantasy points (neither qualifying nor start points) for the remainder of the season.

If you reach the nine-race limit for a driver on your current roster, you will not be able to release him and subsequently reacquire him. You may keep the driver on your roster, but he will no longer accumulate any points.

If a driver is on your active roster for a given race but does not drive in that real-life event, he will not be credited with a race started.

The number of races each driver has started for you will be listed along with all of his other stats.

Deadlines

The deadline for picking new drivers for the upcoming race is 2:00 a.m. PT on the morning of qualifying.
The deadline to change the status of a driver on your team from reserve to active is five minutes before the scheduled start of each race.

Please note that the scheduled race time will likely differ from the actual start time of the race. Rosters are locked based on the time displayed on the Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Racing schedule.

Scoring

Each driver can receive a maximum of 90 fantasy points during each race. The top 45 finishers receive points, with the winning driver getting the maximum 90, and other drivers receiving two fewer points for every spot they finish behind the leader (e.g., the second-place driver gets 88 points, the third-place driver gets 86).
You receive the total points earned by all active drivers on your team provided that they have not already been active in nine races.

Bonus points are awarded to each of the drivers with the four best starting positions after qualifying. The top qualifier receives 10 bonus points, the second receives five, the third receives three and the fourth receives one. Because qualifying for Daytona 500 is broken up over two days, these bonus points will not be awarded for the Daytona 500.

An additional 10 bonus points are awarded to each driver who leads at least one lap during a race. The driver leading the most laps during a race will also earn another 10 bonus points. To earn these bonus points for your fantasy team, a driver must be on your team and active during the race.

If a race is officially canceled, no fantasy team will receive any points for that race. All other scoring rules stay the same. If qualifying or a race is delayed or postponed, no points will be awarded until it is completed. If qualifying is canceled and the starting grid is determined by Nextel Cup points standings, no qualifying bonus points will be awarded.

help.yahoo.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   
thanks for posting the rules, we now have 9 teams waiting for the gteen flag on sunday, there is still time if anyone else wants to play, let me know and i will send you the league id and the password, it should be fun

Ben

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
OoOO man i cant wait for this weekend, so that i can beat everybody HAHHAHAHA

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
breaking news....the FIDALGO ISLAND EXPRESS has officially been renamed TEAM TOEJAM....unnamed team sources reveal that the change was made after consulting the stars along with the alignment of the moon and tides, and a palm reader

Ben

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
LOL, is your wife in on this?

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
not oficially, unless she is one of those voices in my head.....i have suspected that for years though.....

Ben

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
your trying that psychological approach arnt you?

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
it is this kind of deep thinking and logic that got me where i am today...lol

Ben

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
lol, i cant depend on my logic i would get no where. ITS PURE luck baby

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Got my picks in.
Start trembling TRD....Your going down vato.

Go Dale jr.

TRD

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyeff
Got my picks in.
Start trembling TRD....Your going down vato.

Go Dale jr.

Yeah ok in ya dreams....

I'm ready to rock and roll!!!!!!!

Ben

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
The winning for me and the loseing for everybody else starts saterday right?

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben

When your race team shows up Saturday and no one is there, tell them the race is Sunday!

PA Racing, Inc. has some mean cars ready to run come Sunday, better keep that seatbelt REAL tight cause it's going to get ugly.

TRD, you're going the wrong way!!!!!!!!

Ben

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican

When your race team shows up Saturday and no one is there, tell them the race is Sunday!

They will show up on sunday and they will win muahhahahaha

[Edited on 2/14/2004 by Ben]

TRD

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican

Originally posted by Ben

PA Racing, Inc. has some mean cars ready to run come Sunday, better keep that seatbelt REAL tight cause it's going to get ugly.

TRD, you're going the wrong way!!!!!!!!

LOL!!!!!

My drivers will be up the front all the way...

Nyeff your going down aswell!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
TEAM TOEJAM is primed and ready, still looks cloudy at daytona, let's hope we can get a race in today and that it is FAST AND SAFE.....

Ben

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
the race woudl be cancelled?

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
if it gets rained out it will be rescheduled, probably tomorrow, if it goes halfway then it is an official race

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join