It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I have made a story about forest animals (last evening) and I hope this is the right forum to put it in, I didn't see other stories in here yet, but I think this will be the right forum

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

In a forest somewhere on earth there was a farmer which possessed little besides some ground to let his crops grow on and his wooden shack. He lived there already his whole live, prays everyday to God and the food which he doesn�t need he feeds to the animals. One day he goes into the woods again to find some mushrooms, when he hears something behind him. When he looks back he sees a bear with on his back a rabbit and next to him a fox. The fox begins talking to the farmer and he thinks at first he has eaten the wrong mushrooms, but he followed the animals and came to a site with little left then some trunks and a lonely place. Confused as he is he asks the fox how this is possible after which the fox answers �we don�t understand, what did we do wrong?�. A person in a suite walks towards the farmer saying that it is necessary because the humans which live outside the forest need the wood to build fences, cages for animals and to make sculptures to decorate their nicely warmed houses. �They get metal coins for it� the fox says �and with those metal coins they can buy things�. The farmer doesn�t understand exactly what is meant with the coins and what could be bought, and goes home with the mushrooms. The next day, when he again goes into the forest, he meets the fox and the bear again. The rabbit isn�t on the back of the bear however so he asks. After walking for a while the fox and bear stop and point towards the rabbit laying death under a fallen tree. �Tree fell� the bear says with a tear rolling over his face. The farmer lifts the rabbit and buries it on a nice spot in the forest. The farmer stays sad that day, and he tries to convince himself the humans really need that wood. One week after he walks into the forest again and on the spot which first was filled with flowers, green and some flowing streams there was now left a lonely site with clearly visible the stone with the flower under which he buried the rabbit. On a bare rock the fox is standing with his nose softly touching the bear hoping he will wake up. The farmer looking from the empty site to the fox which is softly crying. �Tree fell� the fox says after which he runs away leaving only tears left to be seen. The farmer goes to the person in the suite and he answers again that humans really need the wood. When the farmer sadly walks back to his home, not understanding, the fox says the following �my girlfriend nor my children do understand, what did we do wrong. Don�t humans like us, should we dig less holes? Can we make metal coins so we can give those to them, wouldn�t they kill us if we would be able to make metal coins and give those to them?�.

The next day the fox the fox slept also till eternity.

join