It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fantasy: Fantasy Football

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Anybody play fantasy football? I've been playing for a long time, sometimes 2 or 3 leagues a year. I am the commissioner of a league with 8 teams, mostly friends, and then I usually join the work league which has 12 teams. The 12 team league is much harder because the players are spread so thin, there will be weeks when you're starting a backup RB or WR. If you play, is it a keeper league? I love fantasy football, its the only thing that makes a Bengals-Lions game interesting lol!

Ben

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Woah for the past 2 or 3 years i have been wanting to sign up for the fantasy league. But i never know what it is going to be like so i end up backing out. Is the league fun, what kind of things do you end up doing? What league are you a part in? I have always though of joing the espn fantasy things. Maybe this coming year i will sign up.

TRD

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 12:43 PM
link   
We have Fantasy Leagues in England all the big newspapers do them for Football,Formula 1,Cricket,Horse Racing and just about everything else.Also lots of small independant leagues there must be thousands.
I tend to just do Football and Horse Racing.

Ben

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 01:09 PM
link   
What kind of things go on in the Fantasy Football leagues?

TRD

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Well over here you get a list of all the people playing in the sport with individual values or ratings,they give you a limit of what your team value or rating cannot go over.So if it was football it lasts for the whole season where you score points for goals scored,clean sheets,star player for a match and other things aswell. Points are deducted for Red and Yellow cards,goals conceded so forth.At the end of the season the person with the most points win,some of them have 100,000 pounds prize money for winning it.

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 07:04 PM
link   
There are alot of variations to the rules, but they are all fairly close. The league I run is made up of 8 teams, 2 divisions of 4. About 2 weeks before the season myself and the other 7 "owners" meet at my house for the draft. Each person selects 3 QB's, 5 RB's, 6 WR's, 3 TE's, 3 K's, and 3 defense/special teams.

Each week of the NFL season, before the games start, you choose your starting lineup depending on who your guys are playing, byes, weather, etc. In my league, each team starts 1 QB, 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 TE, 1 K, and 1 def/spec teams.

Each week, you play another owner in the league head to head. You take the stats from your players and how they did on that Sunday and apply them to your team and the guys whose players scored the most, wins for that week. Then your individual team has a won/loss record just like the NFL.

For instance, for QB's you get 6 points for a TD pass, 9 points if its over 50 yards. You get 1 point for every 25 yards passing and a 5 point bonus for passing over 300 yards. Then you have point values for every other position, including defenses such as interceptions, sacks, points allowed, shutouts, etc.

At the end of the season, the four owners with the best records make the playoffs and play head to head. Most fantasy regular seasons end Week 13 so you can use Weeks 14-16 for your playoffs. Most leagues dont use Week 17 because NFL teams often sit out their starters to rest them if their playoff position is already set.

During the season, you can drop and add players to your roster due to injuries, performance, etc. for a small transaction fee that goes into the winners pool that the winner of the "Fantasy Bowl" gets at the end. You can also make trades with other owners during the season. It's like owning your own team, its really cool.

TRD

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Quite simular to ours Except you pick 1 team at the start of the season to the end,with a few transfers during the season allowed.They do manager of the week and month but you are competing against thousands,posting the results each week in the newspapers.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I know what you mean TRD, I've been in leagues like that where there are much more people and like you said, you get the standings in the paper or on the internet.

The fun thing about doing it with your friends or at work is that when you see them you can talk trash!

TRD

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Thats right PA it's meant to be fun for us wouldbe Managers!!!

Get's a bit heated over here Football passions run a bit high and there is big rivalry between Fans as well as Clubs.

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 08:56 PM
link   
i think we should start one with in sports talk it would be for members only you know it would be cool and i think people would have fun coming and sighing up i think ben and chris should do this for the peopl if there are people interested tell us

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Fantasy football rulez!!!

new topics

top topics

join