It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASCAR: Jourdain takes to NASCAR

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Champ Car driver Michel Jourdain Jr. signed a deal Thursday with Ford Motorsports to switch to NASCAR and run the full Busch Series schedule this season. Jourdain plans to drive a Taurus for ppc Racing and will be the first Hispanic to race a full NASCAR Busch schedule.

"I'm very excited about this chance," Jourdain said. "I've been wanting to come to NASCAR for a couple years now, and (Ford Racing director) Dan Davis worked very hard with me to find the right opportunity where I could have a chance to work and learn with a top team like ppc."

The 28-year-old Jourdain spent nine years in top open-wheel competition, and finished 12th in the Champ Car World Series last season in a Ford-powered car for RuSport.

The son of well-known Mexican racer Michel Jourdain Sr., he became the youngest Champ Car driver at age 19 in 1996 and was the former CART series' Most Improved Driver in 1997. In 152 career Champ Car starts, Jourdain had two wins, 25 top-10s and nine podiums. His best championship finish was third in 2003, when he raced for Team Rahal.

LINK

new topics

join