It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASCAR: r gordon will not be back for childress

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
i think that starting his own team will be about the only way robbie will get a ride next year

It's official: Robby won't return to RCR
October 26, 2004
02:52 PM EDT (18:52 GMT)

WELCOME, N.C. (AP) -- Robby Gordon said Tuesday he will leave Richard Childress Racing at the end of the season with the intention of racing for his own Nextel Cup team in 2005.

RCR will name Gordon's replacement on Friday.

"Now is the time for me to start my future as an owner at NASCAR's highest level," said Gordon, who was co-owner of a short-lived Cup team in 2000 with John Menard and Mike Held. Gordon then drove for several teams in 2001 before winding up with Childress and winning the season-ending race at New Hampshire. That victory earned Gordon a full-time ride with RCR.

Gordon, who has run a part-time Busch Series schedule this year with his own team, said he has been putting the pieces in place for a Cup team for most of 2004.

"We don't have anything to announce yet for next season," he said. "We hope to make some announcements soon."

Gordon and Childress both said the parting is amicable, although the owner put the former open-wheel racing star on probation after he started an accident at New Hampshire in September that seriously damaged the championship hopes of title contenders Tony Stewart and Jeremy Mayfield.

"He has won three points races, a qualifying race at Daytona and has had a lot of good runs for RCR since 2001, but sometimes change is good," Childress said. "Robby is a true racer and I will always be grateful to him for what we've been able to accomplish together and for the positive things he brought to our organization."

Going into Sunday's race at Atlanta Motor Speedway, Gordon is 23rd in the season standings

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
this pretty much sums up my feelings whenever anything in NASCAR news involves this guy.

TRD

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Nice one Aegis..

Why is he hated so much?

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 07:00 AM
link   
there are several reasons, i don't like him because he will take anyone out, even teamates, to advance his postiont. so he's just an all around dangerous guy to have on the track. My friend hates him and kevin havick because together they disassembled Dale Earnhardt Sr.s championship race team in an attempt to find a combo that would work with either of them. there are multiple reasons, these are the two that pop up in my head right away.

TRD

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Ahh i see, i did notice by doing the fantasy nascar that he is a bit of a dangerous driver...

new topics

top topics

join