It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASCAR: dale jr loses appeal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
agree or disagree a rule is a rule and nascar has to apply them equally...i am glad to see that they stuck to their guns in this one

Earnhardt Jr. loses appeal on 25-point penalty

October 18, 2004

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) -- Dale Earnhardt Jr. lost his appeal of a 25-point penalty and $10,000 fine for using a vulgarity during a postrace TV interview.

Instead of leading the Nextel Cup standings Monday by a point with five races to go, Earnhardt trails Kurt Busch by 24 points.

``NASCAR had issued repeated warnings to contestants regarding the use of inappropriate language during live event broadcasts,'' the National Stock Car Racing Commission said Monday in a statement. ``The infraction occurred on-air at the racetrack during the live broadcast of a NASCAR event, not in a casual private conversation or off-site activity.''

NASCAR punished Earnhardt on Oct. 5, two days after he cursed during a live television interview with NBC after winning a race in Talladega.

In its denial of the appeal, a three-person panel called Earnhardt an important ambassador of the sport and a role model

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
what a #ty deal...

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
well if it was the first time they had fined anyone i would agree, but since they had handed out fines and point deductions for this infraction prior to this, their hands were tied, but don't worry they'll make it up to him. (how many commas can i use in a sentence legally, i was sleeping that day in school.)

[Edited on 10-18-2004 by aegis fang]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I be t he deosn't give a schit...

[Edited on 10/18/2004 by Gibbs Baby!!!]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
at least nascar is staying constitant with the rules for a change, they had to dock him the points

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
what a bunch of schit....

[Edited on 10/18/2004 by Gibbs Baby!!!]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Actually Jr has no choice but to pay attention on his public appearance now.

Following up on a 60 minuts article about Jr,..

Some weeks later a followup commentary on 60 minuts, and it wasnt pretty.

Let alone the commentary on Jr's slip-of-the-toung,..

Jr took Mike Wallace(I think) on a 120 MPH spin around the track for the experience.

The camera during this drive, made clear that Jr has no problem driving this fast, on a closed course, with no helmet or safety belts. Mr Wallace made public note of this.

Let's see,... doesnt care what he say's on tv in representation of his team,... No problem shirking obvious safety precedures and expectations,... quoted as "Drinking becouse he likes to get drunk",...

I dont know about any of you, but I see a brick wall positioning itself in front of his career,... attitude un-impeded.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
What a psice of schite...

top topics

join