It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASCAR: penalty drops dale jr out of championship lead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
what a shocker this is, i really didn't think that nascar would follow through

Penalty drops Earnhardt out of first place

October 5, 2004

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) -- NASCAR star Dale Earnhardt Jr. was knocked out of first place in the Nextel Cup by a slip of the tongue.

Earnhardt was docked 25 points and fined $10,000 by NASCAR on Tuesday for cursing during a TV interview after his victory at Talladega Superspeedway.

Asked Sunday by NASCAR broadcaster NBC about the significance of his fifth victory at Talladega, Earnhardt said, "It don't mean s--- right now. Daddy's won here 10 times."

Now, instead of leading Kurt Busch by 13 points in the Nextel Cup standings, Earnhardt trails by 12 with seven races left in the season.

In February, NASCAR president Mike Helton told drivers to watch their language on radio and television. Less than a month later, he showed he meant it: Johnny Sauter was fined and lost 25 points for swearing during a radio interview following a Busch Series race in Las Vegas.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
i am completely speechless, now what am i going to bitch and moan about? it always used to be that i had the old reliable Nascar/Earnhardt jr. conspiracy. guess i need to find something else. or i could just say they'll make it up to him.

TRD

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
It may take a twist yet, they might dock some points off the others for doing something wrong when they don't usually take away points, just to make it up to him lol!

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
ummm why? its not like he was cursing at somebody

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
it's the new, politically correct NASCAR.

There will be a race down Mainstreet, USA in disney next year...

top topics

join