It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASCAR: Dale Earnhardt Jr in trouble?

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Dale Earnhardt Jr. was strangely subdued after his latest victory at Talladega Superspeedway.

"I'm worried about losing some points," said Earnhardt, who moved into the series lead by 13 points over Kurt Busch, who finished fifth Sunday.

Asked about the significance of his fifth victory at Talladega, Earnhardt said, "It don't mean s--- right now. Daddy's won here 10 times."

In February at Rockingham, NASCAR president Mike Helton told drivers to watch their language on radio and television. Less than a month later, Johnny Sauter was fined $25,000 and docked 25 points after cursing during a radio interview following the Busch Series race in Las Vegas.

link

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
nascar now has another problem in their chase for the cup, first was the robbie gordon crash-a-thon, now this, dale jr is the most popular driver but in order to be fair and impartial nascar must fine him and dock him points,,,will be interesting to see what will happen

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
my prediction is NASCAR won't do anything to Jr. However if it was anyone else they dock points in a heartbeat, so don't look to far into this. I've come to understand how Nascar treats the golden boy and don't get too excited when they contradict their previous actions, with what they do to him.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Isn't he a bit old to use the term "daddy"?

Sorry so off-topic, maybe it's a redneck thing.

top topics

join